Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 48 inch wide interior doors available?

I have a 8 foot wide closet space that I would like to use two 4 foot
wide doors on a sliding door track. I want to avoid using three 32 inch
wide doors.

Does that sound like a stock item?

Thank you for any help.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"andy everett" wrote in message
I have a 8 foot wide closet space that I would like to use two 4 foot wide
doors on a sliding door track. I want to avoid using three 32 inch wide
doors.

Does that sound like a stock item?

Thank you for any help.

I have seen mirror unit that wide in only 2 panels.

Don't ever recall seeing any other material that wide.

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

If your opening is exactly 96 inches wide would you not need two 48 1/2"
doors to fit slightly overlapping without a gap as many doors are 1/8"
undersized.

"andy everett" wrote in message
I have a 8 foot wide closet space that I would like to use two 4 foot wide
doors on a sliding door track. I want to avoid using three 32 inch wide
doors.

Does that sound like a stock item?

Thank you for any help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Does that sound like a stock item?

Sounds like a "Special Order" item to me. No big deal to get, you just
have to wait.
I order doors all the time. For example, it doesn't matter that every
house in my nighborhood, probably all within a certain age range in my
city us the same size doors as my house (and that is a huge number of
houses). But since they are not used in new houses, nobody stocks them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

EXT wrote:
If your opening is exactly 96 inches wide would you not need two 48 1/2"
doors to fit slightly overlapping without a gap as many doors are 1/8"
undersized.

"andy everett" wrote in message

I have a 8 foot wide closet space that I would like to use two 4 foot wide
doors on a sliding door track. I want to avoid using three 32 inch wide
doors.

Does that sound like a stock item?

Thank you for any help.

You are right, the opening still has to be framed and we would want the
doors to overlap slightly.

Thank you for your input.

Posted to alt.home.repair

andy everett wrote:
I have a 8 foot wide closet space that I would like to use two 4 foot
wide doors on a sliding door track. I want to avoid using three 32
inch wide doors.

Does that sound like a stock item?

Thank you for any help.

I see them fairly often in bi-fold types. Lowes in particular.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's a big closet opening.
I'd almost say frame it in from the sides a bit for shelving on the
edges or something.

Even with bifolds, you'll have to take a few steps just to open your
closet... unless you've got an 8 foot wingspan.

Sliding doors are probably the best option (as you stated) but they
only allow you access to one side at a time. You can't "open" the
entire closet with sliders.

bending 1/2 inch wide stock to a 3/8 inch radius mm Home Repair 19 November 14th 06 02:19 PM
Want some wide (6 inch) new floorboards - anywhere in the UK? me UK diy 7 June 23rd 06 02:54 PM
26-inch wide door? John Home Repair 5 May 1st 06 01:52 PM
Cutting a 1 inch wide dado Dick Snyder Woodworking 22 October 22nd 04 03:03 AM
12 1/2 planer doesn't like 12 inch wide boards much Keith Carlson Woodworking 18 August 2nd 03 10:02 PM