Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do Contractor's need Web Sites?

Hello,

I have created this post because I need some questions answered by
Contractors. I am actually a web designer, but many of my friends and
family are builders. They ask me for web sites and I noticed they all
ask for the same things (i.e. Home Page, About Us, Services, Contact,
Photo Gallery).

My question is: Do Contractors really need web sites?

The reason I'm asking is because I am in the process of creating a web
tool to make it as easy to create a web page as it is to write an
email. This way it will be a lot cheaper and easier to have a web site
and manage it.

I am hoping people will be willing to give me some feedback on this
idea and take my survey. The survey is 10 quick questions, but I
welcome more of your thoughts! =)

The survey is at: http://www.BuilderTown.com/BobVilagoog_s

If you are willing to give me more info or have any questions, please
email me at:

Sincere Regards,

Ray

Ray Hayward

www.BuilderTown.com
www.DRLWeb.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

My answer would be " depends on the person,what kind of image they want
,and one key in general advertising "
I am a small contractor , just like everyone else ( have dreams and
goals) so whatever I think helps me,or my business Im doing it.Just
like yourself if it didn't have some sort of an appeal/avenue etc. you
wouldnt have ask that question. Its not that anyone needs a website,
its that this day and age the whole world is centered on computers. You
said they all ask for the same things,when you buy a home,car or
computer , do you ask for the same thing as someone else?Maybe you
should stem your questions more like statements like "Why today's
contractors need Web Sites"
Good luck on your venture, and have a great day!

BuilderTown wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

If they want them, let them have them. Personally, I'd never look on
the web for this sort of thing. The web is mostly all scams and spams
these days. Shopping online is risky, getting a contractor online is
far more dangerous. An ad in a local newspaper is far more useful.

On 9 Jan 2007 20:11:07 -0800, "BuilderTown"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

thanks guys, your thought is much appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

A contractor doesn't necessarily *need* a web site, any more than an ad
in the yellow pages or logos on their trucks. A web site is just
another way of marketing the contractor's services. With that said,
having a web site can cost a lot less than having a yellow pages ad, and
can reach at least as many people.

Personally, whether a contractor has a web site or not doesn't make too
much difference to me, though I always use the web in finding a
contractor -- I don't waste shelf space on yellow pages any more, so
even if I'm just looking for a phone listing, I do it on-line.

I also always use the web when considering a contractor, even if they
don't have a site, since Washington State has insurance, bonding,
complaints, and worker's comp status on-line for all licensed
contractors. If I were a contractor in Washington, assuming I had a
record that wouldn't scare people away, I'd probably include a link to
this information directly from my web site, since people always worry
about whether a contractor will really show up and perform.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/

Posted to alt.home.repair

My question is: Do Contractors really need web sites?

Just the bad ones. The good ones are busy working.