Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PVC pipe repairs

I have a 4" pvc downpipe which has a swept Tee joint from an upstairs
bathroom.

This tee joint is leaking badly but it cannot be replaced due to the fact
that it is embedded in a concrete pillar.

I have managed to expose most of this joint but do not want to remove the
structural steel work surrounding it.

Any ideas?????
Posted to alt.home.repair

"simonjt" wrote in message
news:9787e7235f5b7ae9e8cc0764bf1c188f@homerepairli ve.com...
I have a 4" pvc downpipe which has a swept Tee joint from an upstairs
bathroom.

This tee joint is leaking badly but it cannot be replaced due to the fact
that it is embedded in a concrete pillar.

I have managed to expose most of this joint but do not want to remove the
structural steel work surrounding it.

Any ideas?????

Is the leak in the glue joint? I have had some luck by creating a vacume
within the pipe, and applying PVC cement which is then "sucked" into
the joint, sealing it.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve's a troller.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve's a troller. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve's a troller. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve's out trolling, I see. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Damn it, sorry steve.
meant to send that once, and In another forum....on top of that you
were calling someone else a 'troller', which is a term I don't even
understand.

Steve is indeed not a troller, he's in fact a bigger man than I.

-Jason "head up arse"
Valley Center, KS

Posted to alt.home.repair

"simonjt" wrote in message
news:9787e7235f5b7ae9e8cc0764bf1c188f@homerepairli ve.com...
I have a 4" pvc downpipe which has a swept Tee joint from an upstairs
bathroom.

This tee joint is leaking badly but it cannot be replaced due to the fact
that it is embedded in a concrete pillar.

I have managed to expose most of this joint but do not want to remove the
structural steel work surrounding it.

Any ideas?????

Plastic welding kit? Was going to try it out but HF didn't have one in
stock.

Posted to alt.home.repair

This site is in the UK, but I bought a product like this at one of the
BORGS.

http://www.paintz.co.uk/PCputty/PCmarine.asp

The seam around the middle of my PVC Drum Trap
(http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52...ap-241364.aspx)
was leaking and replacing it meant redoing all the drains under my
kitchen sink. I figured I would try the putty at least temporarily, but
it's been a couple of years and it's still holding.

It's a log made of two different materials that you blend together by
hand and apply to the leaky seam. If there's water dripping out during
application, you just keep molding the putty in place until it begins
to set up and the leak stops. 15 minute working time, cures in 60.

simonjt wrote:
I have a 4" pvc downpipe which has a swept Tee joint from an upstairs
bathroom.

This tee joint is leaking badly but it cannot be replaced due to the fact
that it is embedded in a concrete pillar.

I have managed to expose most of this joint but do not want to remove the
structural steel work surrounding it.

Any ideas?????

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

I have taken some PVC sawdust and dissolved it in PVC cement to make a thin
paste that I packed around the joint to build up a fillet around the edge of
the fitting. The area must be absolutely clean first and don't let any water
through the fitting until it has hardened.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Steve's a troller.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was beginning to wonder when i ****ed in YOUR cheerios. G

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
oups.com...
Damn it, sorry steve.
meant to send that once, and In another forum....on top of that you
were calling someone else a 'troller', which is a term I don't even
understand.

Steve is indeed not a troller, he's in fact a bigger man than I.

-Jason "head up arse"
Valley Center, KS

PVC pipe repair?? Steven L Umbach Home Repair 1 September 23rd 06 02:21 PM
Way OT, PVC pipe John Emmons Woodworking 17 September 17th 05 04:19 AM
Outside Wiring With PVC Pipe ? Robert11 Home Repair 5 September 10th 05 11:30 AM
6" PVC PIPE madhat Metalworking 0 August 11th 05 06:10 AM
Bending PVC Pipe - Anybody Done It? Joe Metalworking 9 July 31st 04 10:22 PM