Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mill's Pride Cabinet Question

A few years back, I installed Mill's Pride Premier cabinets in my
kitchen (the ones that come already assembled). Mine seem to be in a
wood color they still make (light oak) but I regret not getting any
glass front doors for some of the overhead cabinets.

Could I not just buy new doors in the same color and size and swap them
out? I actually prefer frosted glass, but don't think they make it.

Maybe a stupid question, but I am not an expert in these things. My
hope is it would be an inexpensive upgrade for my kitchen.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ryan" wrote in message
ups.com...

A few years back, I installed Mill's Pride Premier cabinets in my
kitchen (the ones that come already assembled). Mine seem to be in a
wood color they still make (light oak) but I regret not getting any
glass front doors for some of the overhead cabinets.

Could I not just buy new doors in the same color and size and swap them
out? I actually prefer frosted glass, but don't think they make it.

Maybe a stupid question, but I am not an expert in these things. My
hope is it would be an inexpensive upgrade for my kitchen.

Thanks!

If the company makes glass doors, there's a chance the screw holes for the
hinges might match up exactly, and changing the doors would be a breeze.
Have you checked the company's web site, or called them?

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.millspride.com/assemblein...llCabinets.htm

--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ryan wrote:

A few years back, I installed Mill's Pride Premier cabinets in my
kitchen (the ones that come already assembled). Mine seem to be in a
wood color they still make (light oak) but I regret not getting any
glass front doors for some of the overhead cabinets.

Could I not just buy new doors in the same color and size and swap them
out? I actually prefer frosted glass, but don't think they make it.

Maybe a stupid question, but I am not an expert in these things. My
hope is it would be an inexpensive upgrade for my kitchen.

Thanks!

There is a spray on glass frost you can get that works well, just spray
the back of the glass. I think it's a Krylon product. You can also
remove it later if you want which is nice.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ryan" wrote in message

Could I not just buy new doors in the same color and size and swap them
out? I actually prefer frosted glass, but don't think they make it.

Most of these things are machine made to be very consistent with screw
locations. They would probably be a perfect match.

Be sure to save the older door so when you get tired of looking at clutter
in the cabinet you can swap them back.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ryan wrote:
A few years back, I installed Mill's Pride Premier cabinets in my
kitchen (the ones that come already assembled). Mine seem to be in a
wood color they still make (light oak) but I regret not getting any
glass front doors for some of the overhead cabinets.

Could I not just buy new doors in the same color and size and swap them
out? I actually prefer frosted glass, but don't think they make it.

Forgive what may be a stupid question, but why do you want glass doors,
but then frost them? Isn't the point of having glass doors to see
what's inside the cabinets? At least, it was for me. Tho' I could
understand a partial frosting where there's some sort of pattern to it
of non-frosted glass...

Posted to alt.home.repair

The glass cabinets are only good if you don't have any kitchen items
that have bright colors...like if you have a red mixing bowl that
doesn't match anything, for example.

But, if you have all glass kitchen items in your upper cabinets, it
would look very nice, and you could backlight it easily enough using
flourescents as long as you had a power source nearby (it's overhead,
so you do) base cabinets are a bit tougher.

Sounds like a neat project, let me know what you find out! And post
some before and after pictures for the rest of us home.repair'ers.

-Jason