Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Attaching Things to Stucco Exterior

In my neighborhood, all the houses have stucco exteriors. What's the
best way to attach something to the side of a house that's covered in
stucco? (Examples might be an iron ornament, a hose reel or a
flagpole.)

Thanks.

-Fleemo

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
In my neighborhood, all the houses have stucco exteriors. What's the
best way to attach something to the side of a house that's covered in
stucco? (Examples might be an iron ornament, a hose reel or a
flagpole.)

Depends. If the stucco is over block or over wood sheathing different
methods are used. Which is yours?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Depends. If the stucco is over block or over wood sheathing different
methods are used. Which is yours?

You're typin' to a real novice here. How would one discern the
difference?

Traditional cement based stucco, or EIFS (acrylic stucco on foam
board)?

And I'm afraid that question's way out of my league, sorry. :}

Under the stucco there will be a layer of sheathing (boards, plywood,

or OSB).

In an ill-fated attempt to attach a hose reel to my house, I used a
masonry bit to drill through the stucco, but drilled through to find
empty space. My guess is the contractor used chicken wire between wood
studs as a subsurface for the stucco. Attempts to use a mollybolt were
disasterous.

I appreciate the input here.

-Fleemo

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to fleemo17, Annemarie wrote:
Hello Fleemo,

I have seen professionals use a wireless device to find the studs behind
stucco.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...or-180976-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 22:44:01 +0000, Annemarie
wrote:

I have seen professionals use a wireless device to find the studs behind
stucco.

You should see a DIYer using a tape measure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
Dang Oren* I was counting on you too!! Nice save though

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...or-180976-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
Great Suggestion You saved me Oren

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...or-180976-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:44:02 GMT, Tina
m wrote:

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
Dang Oren* I was counting on you too!! Nice save though

Remind me what I did. I forget.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:44:03 GMT, Tina
m wrote:

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
Great Suggestion You saved me Oren

Refresh my memory. I have saved people.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
Great Suggestion You saved me Oren

Refresh my memory. I have saved people.

You saved me too. I used to go to church but I found that if I pray to
Oren I will saved now, no need to die. Since I found Oren I have better
sex, my car runs smoother, the lawn has less weeds. Thanks Oren.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
Great Suggestion You saved me Oren

Refresh my memory. I have saved people.

You saved me too. I used to go to church but I found that if I pray to
Oren I will saved now, no need to die. Since I found Oren I have better
sex, my car runs smoother, the lawn has less weeds. Thanks Oren.

My poop smells like lavender, since I prayed to Oren ..
..... and ate a bunch of lavender.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
Great Suggestion You saved me Oren

Refresh my memory. I have saved people.

No way would I remember a suggestion I made 10 years ago. Had to think
hard just now to think of what I had for lunch yesterday.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
Great Suggestion You saved me Oren

Refresh my memory. I have saved people.

You saved me too Oren! I was preparing to go on a serial killing spree before I saw one of your posts which touched my soul and made me change my mind about being homicidal. There was so much love in your words that it caused me to change my life. I love you Oren! \(—¦'Œ£'—¦)/

[8~{} Uncle Smitten Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
Great Suggestion You saved me Oren

Refresh my memory. I have saved people.

You saved me too. I used to go to church but I found that if I pray to
Oren I will saved now, no need to die. Since I found Oren I have better
sex, my car runs smoother, the lawn has less weeds. Thanks Oren.

You're welcome Ed. Your case didn't require miracles. Just a little
adjustment, tweaking and tune up.
--
"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up."
-- Lily Tomlin
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:24:26 -0400, Reverend Harry Hardwick
wrote:

Hallelujah! In Oren we trust!

Rock on! \m/
--
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
Great Suggestion You saved me Oren

Refresh my memory. I have saved people.

You saved me too Oren! I was preparing to go on a serial killing spree before I saw one of your posts which touched my soul and made me change my mind about being homicidal. There was so much love in your words that it caused me to change my life. I love you Oren! \(?'?'?)/

Uncle Smitten Monster,

(blushing) Ed was easy to save. You? You were a bit more difficult.
Though I didn't have to perform a sidewalk miracle. I have done a few
of those when necessary.

A guy was malingering to get out of work. Placed on strict bed rest,
he found out he couldn't make a phone call. He threw down his
crutches, got off medical restriction immediately (my bride canceled
his paper) so I had him escorted to his job.

Another was a guy tearing his sink and toilet off his isolation cell,
because the day shift didn't release him on his date. All he needed
was a shot of sterile water in his right ass cheek. Then he slept the
rest of my shift.

Miracles happen! I have a niche for them.
--
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

Benjamin Franklin

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

m wrote:

replying to Oren, Tina wrote:
[...]

Oren, do have any left for me?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 16:37:53 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Miracles happen! I have a niche for them.

Oren, do have any left for me?

--
Tekkie

You?! What a mess. I have several options. Voodoo with chicken lips
and scattered bones, or frog hairs. Maybe a Medicine Man dance
partially clothed.

Try this.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5524101915001/?playlist_id=1040983441001#sp=show-clips
--
"..,what is good is the front end if you don't have the back end"-- Kimberly Guilfoyle
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Miracles happen! I have a niche for them.

Oren, do have any left for me?

--
Tekkie

You?! What a mess. I have several options. Voodoo with chicken lips
and scattered bones, or frog hairs. Maybe a Medicine Man dance
partially clothed.

Try this.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5524101915001/?playlist_id=1040983441001#sp=show-clips

The show is much more restrained since the brothers have taken over. I am
tired of Juan. Same crap day after day. I miss Beckel. Some of the other
commentators replacing Juan are ok.

Jedediah Bila is on another network now.

I like it when KG argues with Juan and castigates Gutfeld for his innuendos..

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Miracles happen! I have a niche for them.

Oren, do have any left for me?

--
Tekkie

You?! What a mess. I have several options. Voodoo with chicken lips
and scattered bones, or frog hairs. Maybe a Medicine Man dance
partially clothed.

Try this.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5524101915001/?playlist_id=1040983441001#sp=show-clips

Thank you for 'caring' KG also talked about spanking... And cumming on her
face without asking. All American girl!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to fleemo17, darlaud11 wrote:
We had a dog door put in and the wall sections was cut out. So I can see what
is in the wall. It is stucco and foam behind it. What is the best way of
hanging outside things on this. Also would like to hang, light strings on the
patio. I tried to use the things like cup hooks but alas the go in and fall
right out. Please any help would be welcome.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...or-180976-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2018 3:14 PM, darlaud11 wrote:
replying to fleemo17, darlaud11 wrote:
We had a dog door put in and the wall sections was cut out. So I can see
what
is in the wall. It is stucco and foam behind it. What is the best way of
hanging outside things on this. Also would like to hang, light strings
on the
patio. I tried to use the things like cup hooks but alas the go in and fall
right out. Please any help would be welcome.

Is it real stucco or is it a Sto or Dryvit system? They use foam about
2" thick. The foam won't take a screw so you have to go deeper. If
what you are hanging is light, urethane adhesive could work but it will
leave a permanent mark.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 16:20:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We had a dog door put in and the wall sections was cut out. So I can see
what
is in the wall. It is stucco and foam behind it. What is the best way of
hanging outside things on this. Also would like to hang, light strings
on the
patio. I tried to use the things like cup hooks but alas the go in and fall
right out. Please any help would be welcome.

Is it real stucco or is it a Sto or Dryvit system? They use foam about
2" thick. The foam won't take a screw so you have to go deeper. If
what you are hanging is light, urethane adhesive could work but it will
leave a permanent mark.

My stucco is a 3-Coat, maybe ~1.x inches thick. I've driven nails
into it at a downward diagonal ( / ). Have decorations that are just
fine hanging. (for years.)

If the OP hits a stud he will be okay.