Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

John writes:

I go through way more trouble than I should for $20-$50 but it's the
principle. They make it as annoying as possible to claim a rebate so
that most people won't bother. I'm the one that bothers.

Yep. No matter how hard I tried, Canon still managed to screw me over.

Canon, the next time I'm in the market for a product I'll remember this
incident.

I'm the same way. I set up reminders for myself to check on rebates,
as well, just so I don't forget about them. I sympathize ... but I
don't really know why you crossposted this to hell and back.

Stacia
headers trimmed

Posted to alt.home.repair

Reading this thread raised my blood pressure. I have always suspected
rebates were a scam, and our Federa agencies don't seem to have much
interest in protecting us.

Not to start a political discussion, but why is our goverment for business
and not the people?

If cloned beef and milk is not harmful, then why NOT label it as such and
let us decide if we want to eat it?

This is the time of year that credit card companies send us privacy
notifications and give us the opportunity to opt out. I can do just about
anything I want on-line with my Citibank credit card, increase my limit, add
a second authorized user, etc. Opt out of their privacy policy? No, I have
to mail a form at my expense to some freaking PO Box in Des Moines and wait
30 days for it to take effect. I guess something like this is too hard to
program on a website. What a crock. Why was is it opt-out instead of
opt-in? Of course the answer is obvious.

Sorry for the rant. Time for my medication.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Buck Turgidson wrote:
Reading this thread raised my blood pressure. I have always suspected
rebates were a scam, and our Federa agencies don't seem to have much
interest in protecting us.

Well, just who do you think OWNS "our" politicians? Those
who contribute the most money. Ie, the corporations and their
CEO's.

It's like 100% for the Republicans, it appears, at least to me.

Somewhat less for the Dems.

And now, with the (extreme?) right-wing in (executive) power, ie in control
of Justice, the FDA, etc, etc, we've had 6 (7) years of constant
nulling-out of consumer and citizen protection (from business).

Not to start a political discussion, but why is our goverment for business
and not the people?

If cloned beef and milk is not harmful, then why NOT label it as such and
let us decide if we want to eat it?

Look, if you were Swift or some other meat-packer, would YOU
want labels on your product that said "cloned meat product", nicely giving
the shopper all the info he/she needs to make a rational choice?

HELL NO you wouldn't!

Because with such labeling, people would surely by LESS of your product,
and so sales and then profits would be down, and then your stock-price --
and soon the Board would can you get someone else to pay $20 million a
year to.

So, you instead do *everything possible* to keep that labeling from
being required by law.

Oh, the naive will say, that CEO wouldn't really oppose that law,
because doing so would harm the consumer, and no CEO would do that!

Right, like the cigarette people swearing under oath that cigarettes
didn't cause cancer.

Like willingly continuing to sell expensive pills that just happen
to the side-effect of killing people.

----

I saw this cartoon a while ago, by Tolles, I think, of these 5 or so CEO's
in a small meeting, and one of them is standing up saying that
of course he wouldn't want his company to sell a product that
in any way harmed or cheated or something the customer.

The next frame shows the other CEO's looking at him, with
this concerned look on their faces.

Next frame, he says "sorry, guys, I was kidding".

Final frame shows them ALL leaning back in their chairs,
pounding their hands on their legs, HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

David