Posted to alt.home.repair
Buck Turgidson Buck Turgidson is offline

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

Reading this thread raised my blood pressure. I have always suspected
rebates were a scam, and our Federa agencies don't seem to have much
interest in protecting us.

Not to start a political discussion, but why is our goverment for business
and not the people?

If cloned beef and milk is not harmful, then why NOT label it as such and
let us decide if we want to eat it?

This is the time of year that credit card companies send us privacy
notifications and give us the opportunity to opt out. I can do just about
anything I want on-line with my Citibank credit card, increase my limit, add
a second authorized user, etc. Opt out of their privacy policy? No, I have
to mail a form at my expense to some freaking PO Box in Des Moines and wait
30 days for it to take effect. I guess something like this is too hard to
program on a website. What a crock. Why was is it opt-out instead of
opt-in? Of course the answer is obvious.

Sorry for the rant. Time for my medication.