Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool gets an attaboy from me

My sister bought a Whirlpool dryer last year on 12/05.
It quit this year 12/20. Heating element went out.

I figured she was stuck. Right? I had always heard that companies
try to make appliances that quit the day after the warranty. Having
to buy new ones keeps them in business, right?

This one was close. So close, however, I decided to call Whirlpool
and ask would they fix it in the interest of customer satisfaction.
They are going to fix it under the warranty.

If they had not fixed it I would be whining here. I guess I can also
thank them here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Great to hear. When we build, in the coming years, I'll remember your post
about their products and customer satisfaction. What I would also encourage
you to do is copy your newsgroup post and maybe some responses and email
them to Whirlpool to let them know that good quality customer service gets
good word of mouth recommendations and in around about way says thank you in
a more tangable way.

On 12/28/06 9:34 PM, in article ,
"Terry" wrote:

My sister bought a Whirlpool dryer last year on 12/05.
It quit this year 12/20. Heating element went out.

I figured she was stuck. Right? I had always heard that companies
try to make appliances that quit the day after the warranty. Having
to buy new ones keeps them in business, right?

This one was close. So close, however, I decided to call Whirlpool
and ask would they fix it in the interest of customer satisfaction.
They are going to fix it under the warranty.

If they had not fixed it I would be whining here. I guess I can also
thank them here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:34:05 -0500, Terry
wrote:

My sister bought a Whirlpool dryer last year on 12/05.
It quit this year 12/20. Heating element went out.

I figured she was stuck. Right? I had always heard that companies
try to make appliances that quit the day after the warranty. Having
to buy new ones keeps them in business, right?

This one was close. So close, however, I decided to call Whirlpool
and ask would they fix it in the interest of customer satisfaction.
They are going to fix it under the warranty.

If they had not fixed it I would be whining here. I guess I can also
thank them here.

Nice to hear others like Whirlpool products. Since I got involved
with Habitat For Humanity, I learned Whirlpool is very generious to
the new home owners, and their product's reliablity keeps people from
incurring a big repair bills a few years later on.

Good stuff...

tom @ www.MeetANewFriend.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tom The Great wrote:

Nice to hear others like Whirlpool products. Since I got involved
with Habitat For Humanity, I learned Whirlpool is very generious to
the new home owners, and their product's reliablity keeps people from
incurring a big repair bills a few years later on.

I've been very happy with my Whirlpool Duet washer/dryer set.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Those jokers get a house for free -- they can at least they can pay
for some appliances in the future. I wish I got a house for free. I
wouldnt worry about appliances five years from now.
But wait I WORK for a living so I have to pay mortgage AND appliances.
It's wrong to give people stuff if they havent worked for it. They
dont appreciate it and dont learn from it!!

wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

In keeping with the original topic I don't think the original poster was
talking about his sister getting a home from Habitat for Humanity but rather
another person coming in and saying that Whirlpool also gives to Habitat for
Humanity.

On 12/29/06 3:57 PM, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
xxx xxx is offline

On 29 Dec 2006 12:57:49 -0800, wrote:

Those jokers get a house for free -- they can at least they can pay
for some appliances in the future. I wish I got a house for free. I
wouldnt worry about appliances five years from now.
But wait I WORK for a living so I have to pay mortgage AND appliances.
It's wrong to give people stuff if they havent worked for it. They
dont appreciate it and dont learn from it!!

1. They don't get the house for free.
a. They have to invest hundreds of personal hours before even
qualfifying for the program. Training, hands on work, etc.
b. They get the house at a fair price, which means home and
applicances have to be paid for by the home owners one way or an
other.
c. They have strict deed and morgage restrictions. So the
house isn't 100% theirs till it's paid off.

2. I am not a HFH rep, so go and find out the exact details..

3. They have to be sponsored by community members, so others help pay
for their homes through hard work.

Speaking of Learning, go get some.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry" wrote in message
My sister bought a Whirlpool dryer last year on 12/05.
It quit this year 12/20. Heating element went out.

I figured she was stuck. Right? I had always heard that companies
try to make appliances that quit the day after the warranty. Having
to buy new ones keeps them in business, right?

This one was close. So close, however, I decided to call Whirlpool
and ask would they fix it in the interest of customer satisfaction.
They are going to fix it under the warranty.

Good for them.

BUT electric dryer "heating elements" tend to last a LONG time. I suspect
there were a bunch of defective elements shipped and you are benefiting from
a "secret warranty extension."

In a slightly better world you would have been told about this BEFORE the
failure so that you would not worry about the repair bill.

whirlpool ed Home Repair 0 December 27th 05 11:58 PM
whirlpool ed Home Repair 0 December 27th 05 11:58 PM
Enco Attaboy - Delta sander experience Peter Grey Metalworking 3 June 4th 05 11:20 PM
Whirlpool dryer WHoME? Home Repair 4 October 22nd 04 03:29 AM
Whirlpool, Yes or No kris Home Ownership 1 October 9th 04 01:58 PM