Posted to alt.home.repair

Default leaking refrigerator

I have water pooling on the bottom of my fridge under the crisper drawers.
I have read that the drain line is probably clogged. I cant find the drain
line to rod out. Are there two, one for the fridge and one for the freezer?
I have a 14 yr old Amana with the freezer on top and fridge on bottom, no
water or ice dispenser. Thanks for any help
Posted to alt.home.repair

buffalo ny: i don't have an amana, but here's what i've done: if it's
below 40 degrees outside, you're in luck for free food storage outside.
otherwise throw a big cookout and then use an iced picnic cooler for
the food. give extra food to the neighbors on the day before their
payday shopping. completely defrost for 24-48 hours with a 20" fan
blowing and old towels collecting water. clean the fridge inside and
the outside fins need a careful cleaning. on mine they are underneath
the front floor level grill. or cheat and run the defrost cycle timer
extra cycles if you can advance it with a screwdriver. but you still
will have internal ice problem like i had. do not replace food until
your digital food thermometer sitting in a coffee mug of water is
35-40F.
and you may seek true wisdom free at:
http://fixitnow.com/

puttone wrote:
I have water pooling on the bottom of my fridge under the crisper drawers.
I have read that the drain line is probably clogged. I cant find the drain
line to rod out. Are there two, one for the fridge and one for the freezer?
I have a 14 yr old Amana with the freezer on top and fridge on bottom, no
water or ice dispenser. Thanks for any help

Posted to alt.home.repair

Typically one, and it's usually in the back of the freezer. You
have to take all the food out of the freezer, and remove the
shelves and ice maker if equipped. Remove several screws to
remove the metal plate that covers the back of the freezer.

That exposes the evaporator (tubes, and very, very sharp fins).
The drain is typically in the back, in the center. You will
probably have to thaw the ice which is covering the top of the
drain.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"puttone" wrote in message
news:03ca59f867410048a4e5f39b9613cd72@homerepairli ve.com...
I have water pooling on the bottom of my fridge under the

crisper drawers.
I have read that the drain line is probably clogged. I cant

find the drain
line to rod out. Are there two, one for the fridge and one for

the freezer?
I have a 14 yr old Amana with the freezer on top and fridge on

bottom, no
water or ice dispenser. Thanks for any help

Kenmore refrigerator leaking at dispenser Tony Home Repair 3 July 17th 06 08:29 AM
I'm puzzled about my leaking roof. It's not leaking like a leak should leak. Daniel Cullpeppper Home Repair 10 April 30th 06 04:16 AM
Help with Refrigerator Pat Home Repair 5 August 3rd 05 02:27 AM
New refrigerator cat rancher Home Repair 21 July 13th 05 09:29 PM
Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator Leaking John Warner Home Repair 2 November 26th 04 07:38 PM