John Warner

Default Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator Leaking

My Kenmore is leaking water on the floor at the front of the
refrigerator. I would like to look at the condition of the drip pan;
however, I can't seem to find it. How do I access it?
James Owens

John Warner ) writes:
My Kenmore is leaking water on the floor at the front of the
refrigerator. I would like to look at the condition of the drip pan;
however, I can't seem to find it. How do I access it?

There may not be a removeable drip pan. My fridge was leaking and I had to
roll it away from the wall to fix it; a tube ran down the back and into a
fixed drip pan area built into the bottom of the fridge.

The leak was not from the drip pan area. Instead, the tube had become
clogged at the top. Water leaving the freezer and trying to enter the tube
was being forced back and was finding another way to the floor. By
pulling off the tube and running water through it I was easily able to
remove the clog.
--
"For it is only of the new one grows tired. Of the old one never tires."
-- Kierkegaard, _Repetition_

James Owens, Ottawa, Canada