Posted to alt.home.repair

Default scratch in laminate floor

My wife discovered a fine surface scratch in our new laminate floor,I know
each manufacture sells touch up kit but those are usually for deeper
scratches,it' s about 3/4" long,the floor is a medium oak color,any
suggestions.Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:10:24 -0600, Tony Pacc wrote:

My wife discovered a fine surface scratch in our new laminate floor,I know
each manufacture sells touch up kit but those are usually for deeper
scratches,it' s about 3/4" long,the floor is a medium oak color,any
suggestions.Thanks

Get off your knees and quit looking for little scratches.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Pacc wrote:
My wife discovered a fine surface scratch in our new laminate floor,I know
each manufacture sells touch up kit but those are usually for deeper
scratches,it' s about 3/4" long,the floor is a medium oak color,any
suggestions.Thanks

Buy your wife a bottle of vodka maybe she will forget about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
My wife discovered a fine surface scratch in our new laminate floor,I know
each manufacture sells touch up kit but those are usually for deeper
scratches,it' s about 3/4" long,the floor is a medium oak color,any
suggestions.Thanks

Move the sofa over it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
My wife discovered a fine surface scratch in our new laminate floor,I know
each manufacture sells touch up kit but those are usually for deeper
scratches,it' s about 3/4" long,the floor is a medium oak color,any
suggestions.Thanks

Good; now that she's found a scratch she can quit looking. Kind of like
waiting for that first scratch on a new car. But if that doesn't work, it
sounds like the kind of scratch that could be hidden with a touch up "stain"
or paint. Maybe even a little shoe polish of the right shade. Or try one
of the scratch cover furniture polishes in the right color. Or even
"dirt". In our house you can hardly see the laminate floor for all the
throw rugs my wife likes to use.

Tom G.