Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Jenn Air Electric Cooktop

We have a Jenn Air Glass Cooktop and it sits above the counter top
about 1/4 of an inch. It's greatest value seems to be the ability to
collect crumbs! I've gotten more use out of my old toothbrushes that
way... I can't find anything online to tell me if I can caulk under
that lip, does anyone know?

I know if we ever end up replacing the thing we'll either have to
replace like for like or (dare I hope) replace the countertops, so I'm
not concerned about damage to the existing surface below.

-K

Posted to alt.home.repair

They now have black High temperature RTV sealer which is a lot like
silicone chalk. You can find it at auto parts places. Originally the
only color choice for high temp was orange

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, you could remove the seal if you need to work on the unit. I
don't see why you can't put some clear silacon around it. It would
stop food from getting under it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to naflsh, Linda wrote:
Use some putty or play dough, lol. Sorry, jenn air is junk.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...op-176435-.htm