DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Jenn Air Electric Cooktop (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/186125-jenn-air-electric-cooktop.html)

Swoopey December 17th 06 12:05 AM

Jenn Air Electric Cooktop

We have a Jenn Air Glass Cooktop and it sits above the counter top
about 1/4 of an inch. It's greatest value seems to be the ability to
collect crumbs! I've gotten more use out of my old toothbrushes that
way... I can't find anything online to tell me if I can caulk under
that lip, does anyone know?

I know if we ever end up replacing the thing we'll either have to
replace like for like or (dare I hope) replace the countertops, so I'm
not concerned about damage to the existing surface below.

-K

Eric in North TX December 17th 06 04:09 AM

Jenn Air Electric Cooktop

They now have black High temperature RTV sealer which is a lot like
silicone chalk. You can find it at auto parts places. Originally the
only color choice for high temp was orange

JGolan December 17th 06 05:11 PM

Jenn Air Electric Cooktop

They are not meant to be sealed....how would you service them if you
couldn'y take them out???

[email protected] December 17th 06 06:03 PM

Jenn Air Electric Cooktop

Well, you could remove the seal if you need to work on the unit. I
don't see why you can't put some clear silacon around it. It would
stop food from getting under it.

Linda December 7th 18 01:14 PM

Jenn Air Electric Cooktop

replying to naflsh, Linda wrote:
Use some putty or play dough, lol. Sorry, jenn air is junk.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...op-176435-.htm