Posted to alt.home.repair
SBH SBH is offline

Default Electric nailer

I have been wanting a nailer for home use, but do not really care for a
pneumatic one since I would need to drag a hose and compressor around.
I have seen some electric brad nailers, which handle different lengths
of nails, for decent prices. What are the differences between an
electric and pneumatic nailer?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Unless you spend $200 + I don't think you would be happy. Dewalt makes a
rechargable one that works well for $300.00

On the other hand you can buy a decent air brad nailer at HF for $19.99

cm

"SBH" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have been wanting a nailer for home use, but do not really care for a
pneumatic one since I would need to drag a hose and compressor around.
I have seen some electric brad nailers, which handle different lengths
of nails, for decent prices. What are the differences between an
electric and pneumatic nailer?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

SBH wrote:
I have been wanting a nailer for home use, but do not really care for
a pneumatic one since I would need to drag a hose and compressor
around. I have seen some electric brad nailers, which handle
different lengths of nails, for decent prices. What are the
differences between an electric and pneumatic nailer?

Thanks

The biggest difference is the pneumatic one will work the electric one will
on some very light work (that you could do with an 8 ounce hammer and nail
set). If you have a compressor get the air nailer if not weigh what it would
cost to get a good enough electric one to do what you want to do verses
getting a compressor and a decent nailer, compressors are a very handy thing
to have if you do much of anything around the house?

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

SBH wrote:
I have been wanting a nailer for home use, but do not really care for
a pneumatic one since I would need to drag a hose and compressor
around. I have seen some electric brad nailers, which handle
different lengths of nails, for decent prices. What are the
differences between an electric and pneumatic nailer?

Thanks

Check out the Paslode

http://www.paslode.com/products/

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SBH" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have been wanting a nailer for home use, but do not really care for a
pneumatic one since I would need to drag a hose and compressor around.
I have seen some electric brad nailers, which handle different lengths
of nails, for decent prices. What are the differences between an
electric and pneumatic nailer?

The pneumatic will work, the electric is junk. Save a trip to the store.
Find out the price of the electric, then just flush that amount of money
down the toilet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com,
SBH wrote:
I have been wanting a nailer for home use, but do not really care for a
pneumatic one since I would need to drag a hose and compressor around.
I have seen some electric brad nailers, which handle different lengths
of nails, for decent prices. What are the differences between an
electric and pneumatic nailer?

Thanks

For one thing, the pneumatic nailers actually work.

--
For every complicated, difficult problem, there is a simple, easy
solution that does not work.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland -
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11 Dec 2006 17:15:34 -0800, "SBH" wrote:

I have been wanting a nailer for home use, but do not really care for a
pneumatic one since I would need to drag a hose and compressor around.
I have seen some electric brad nailers, which handle different lengths
of nails, for decent prices. What are the differences between an
electric and pneumatic nailer?

Thanks

The electric ones don't work well. You are better off with a hammer
and nail set--no jambs, no cords, no expensive nails to buy, and it's
less than $600 unless you're the government. A pneumatic nailer will
work well with the smallest compressor, or even a portable tank.
Posted to alt.home.repair

SBH wrote:
I have been wanting a nailer for home use, but do not really care for
a pneumatic one since I would need to drag a hose and compressor
around. I have seen some electric brad nailers, which handle
different lengths of nails, for decent prices. What are the
differences between an electric and pneumatic nailer?

Thanks

I like pneumatics. I have lots of hose so it's not all -that- different to
trail a hose thru the house/garage/wherever than it is an electric cord
except it's harder to coil up.

I switched completely when I was trying to use a stapler for fencing in the
back yard and a 100' extension: Too much voltage drop in the cable made
the nailer weak. Switched to air, and poof! Worked great. Not ALL air
tools work well wiht a long hose though; e.g. a paint sprayer, few others,
but the electrics also don't like the 100' + extension cords either.

Ideally you get a compressor with casters so you can roll it around if you
do have to move it. And yo u won't believe how many other uses you'l lfind
for an air compressor!

IMO anyway,

Pop`