Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Arrow Electric Brad Nailer

I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts brads
up to 1.25", which should be fine for woodworking use, and it seems like it
would be a lot simpler than an air nailer. A lot cheaper too.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have a similar electric brad nailer that was made by Swingline. I never
use it because it doesn't have enough power to drive brads home in anything
much harder than balsa wood. Even soft pine gives it problems. In pine the
last 1/8" or so of the brad is usually left exposed and must be driven in
with a hammer and nail set. It was a gift from a very special person, so
I've still got it. Otherwise, it would have hit the trash years ago. I have
Porter Cable pneumatic nailers that never fail me. They just aren't quite as
portable because they need an air compressor.

--
Charley

"Locutus" wrote in message
I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts

brads
up to 1.25", which should be fine for woodworking use, and it seems like

it
would be a lot simpler than an air nailer. A lot cheaper too.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Locutus" wrote in message
I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts brads
up to 1.25", which should be fine for woodworking use, and it seems like it
would be a lot simpler than an air nailer. A lot cheaper too.

Anyone have any experience with these?

It will be a waste of money.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Any of the electric staplers will work with pine (maybe) or cardboard
but not hard wood.

We have two of them. I got one years ago for a project. Most of the
time I have to use a hammer to finish driving the brad. My wife not
knowing I had one purchased another for some upholstery projects. She
had me cut a sheet of 1/4 inch baltic birch plywood so she could use it
for a seat of an metal bench. She first tried her electric gun and it
would not even go through the fabric and the padding not to mention the
plywood. I had gone to HF and purchase a $20 air stapler that came with
staples. The only problem we had is the shortest staples were too long
for the plywood and I had to cut strips of addition plywood so the
staples would not stick up into the seat.

Locutus wrote:
I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts brads
up to 1.25", which should be fine for woodworking use, and it seems like it
would be a lot simpler than an air nailer. A lot cheaper too.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Locutus" wrote in message
I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts brads
up to 1.25", which should be fine for woodworking use, and it seems like it
would be a lot simpler than an air nailer. A lot cheaper too.

Anyone have any experience with these?

It will be a waste of money.

I agree, it will be a waste of money. I have one, never use it.

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Locutus" wrote in message
I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts brads
up to 1.25", which should be fine for woodworking use, and it seems like it
would be a lot simpler than an air nailer. A lot cheaper too.

Anyone have any experience with these?

To save gas, just flush the money down the toilet and save a trip to the
store.

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Locutus wrote:
I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts brads
up to 1.25", which should be fine for woodworking use, and it seems like it
would be a lot simpler than an air nailer. A lot cheaper too.

Anyone have any experience with these?

You'll be a lot happier saving up for even a cheap compresor and nail
gun.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have that exact gun. Worthless for hardwood. Buy mine if you need a
paper weight.What are you intentions for using it?

Posted to rec.woodworking
cm cm is offline

Locutus,

I was involved with the Arrow company at one time and would have to agree
with all the other posts. For 99% of all projects it would be useless. Maybe
not even that useful. arrow does make a heavier gun that will drive a nail
through 3/4" Oak but I don't know who carries it and I would think it
retails in the $100.00 range.

Home Depot has a little red air compressor that is set up like one of those
black suitcases on wheels with the extended handle to pull it around with.
The compressor is $100.00. Buy that and a $20.00 nail gun from HF and you
will be very pleased with both. I use the little red compressor to power my
framing and roofing nailers also. My compressor is almost two years old and
sees pretty heavy use.

Have fun,

Craig

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

"Locutus" wrote in message
I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts brads
up to 1.25", which should be fine for woodworking use, and it seems like it
would be a lot simpler than an air nailer. A lot cheaper too.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"cm" wrote in message
Locutus,

I was involved with the Arrow company at one time and would have to agree
with all the other posts. For 99% of all projects it would be useless.
Maybe not even that useful. arrow does make a heavier gun that will drive
a nail through 3/4" Oak but I don't know who carries it and I would think
it retails in the $100.00 range.

Home Depot has a little red air compressor that is set up like one of
those black suitcases on wheels with the extended handle to pull it around
with. The compressor is $100.00. Buy that and a $20.00 nail gun from HF
and you will be very pleased with both. I use the little red compressor to
power my framing and roofing nailers also. My compressor is almost two
years old and sees pretty heavy use.

Have fun,

Craig

Thanks for the feedback everyone.