Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pre-lit Christmas trees

Anyone have any experience with the pre-lit Christmas trees? I
would be interested in your experiences. Did you like them, are they easy
to handle, setup etc..

Thanks

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Anyone have any experience with the pre-lit Christmas trees? I
would be interested in your experiences. Did you like them, are they easy
to handle, setup etc..

Thanks

--
Joseph Meehan

my best female friend has one, first year awesome, no messing with
lights.

but the lights are hard to troubleshoot and they are the same junk
quality of the regular ones.

its year 4 and she gave up, the now all dead strings are still on the
tree, along with all the nice new working ones........

she will never buy another one

perhaps the pre lit LED ones are better, or for a little tree fibre
optic is trhe way to go, although costly

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Anyone have any experience with the pre-lit Christmas trees? I
would be interested in your experiences. Did you like them, are they easy
to handle, setup etc..

Thanks

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

I just bought one this year for $200 at BJs. Stack four pieces
together, unfolds like an umbrella then plug it in. No sap, watering
or needle mess and no disposal.

I went for it after paying $60 last year for a real tree then finding
out the town I moved to didn't pick up. I had to take the tree to the
county recycling center.

In three years I'll break even. I'll post back in 2008 and let you
know if it still works. Biggest drawback is storage but that isn't a
problem for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I bought one the day after thanksgiving last year.
$100 at Linens and things.
Tall tree in two pieces. Branches just fold down.
Great to set up but like first poster said tough to troubleshoot the lights.
I just set it up this year and some of the lights are already not working.
Ours has a remote control for the lights.
I like it but suspect even more lights will not work next year...

Kids are grown and real trees are getting to be a pain with cleanup and
disposal.

Steve

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with the pre-lit Christmas trees? I
would be interested in your experiences. Did you like them, are they easy
to handle, setup etc..

Thanks

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com, " wrote:

perhaps the pre lit LED ones are better, or for a little tree fibre
optic is trhe way to go, although costly

I bought a very small (3 ft) artifical tree with the
fiber optic lighting about 4 or 5 years ago. It was $30-40
at Target but it still works and looks great. Easy to errect
and break down. I just compress the tree a little, stuff
it in a plastic trash bag which (together with the other
Xmas stuff) gets stored at the very back of the cupboard
under the stairs.

It's turned out to be a good little investment.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

Posted to alt.home.repair

RayV wrote:

I went for it after paying $60 last year for a real tree then finding
out the town I moved to didn't pick up. I had to take the tree to the
county recycling center.

Couldn't you just stuff it down the storm drain?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Anyone have any experience with the pre-lit Christmas trees? I
would be interested in your experiences. Did you like them, are they easy
to handle, setup etc..

Thanks

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

I had my pre-lit tree for 2 years. There are three sections plus a
base. I reuse the box every year that it came in. It gets stored in my
garage with no problems.. I haven't had a light go out yet. We bought
it at Lowes a couple years ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7 Dec 2006 05:26:24 -0800, "
wrote:

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Anyone have any experience with the pre-lit Christmas trees? I
would be interested in your experiences. Did you like them, are they easy
to handle, setup etc..

Thanks

--
Joseph Meehan

my best female friend has one, first year awesome, no messing with
lights.

That is, you don't GET TO mess with the lights, it's taken out much of
the fun of having a decorated tree.

BTW, I very seldom have to deal with tangled light strings. I store
them properly.

but the lights are hard to troubleshoot and they are the same junk
quality of the regular ones.

its year 4 and she gave up, the now all dead strings are still on the
tree, along with all the nice new working ones........

she will never buy another one

perhaps the pre lit LED ones are better, or for a little tree fibre
optic is trhe way to go, although costly

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7 Dec 2006 05:33:32 -0800, "RayV" wrote:

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Anyone have any experience with the pre-lit Christmas trees? I
would be interested in your experiences. Did you like them, are they easy
to handle, setup etc..

Thanks

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

I just bought one this year for $200 at BJs. Stack four pieces
together, unfolds like an umbrella then plug it in. No sap, watering
or needle mess and no disposal.

And no tree scent. That's a part of having a tree.

I went for it after paying $60 last year for a real tree then finding
out the town I moved to didn't pick up. I had to take the tree to the
county recycling center.

I cut the branches off my tree and run the mower over them. It makes
the yard smell good.

In three years I'll break even. I'll post back in 2008 and let you
know if it still works. Biggest drawback is storage but that isn't a
problem for me.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

my best female friend has one, first year awesome, no messing with
lights.

but the lights are hard to troubleshoot and they are the same junk
quality of the regular ones.

I wish I had a dollar for everyone that has a problem trouble shooting
lights!

There's been this tool around for a few years now, and it really works. You
would think someone was BSing you, until you actually used one. You can
have a string of lights out, and this little tool will find which bulb is
bad.

The little store down the street has em for $12.99, here's basically what
they are.
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/p...ept%5Fid=14110

OR http://tinyurl.com/y9gthg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 17:16:53 -0500, "Garth" wrote:

wrote

my best female friend has one, first year awesome, no messing with
lights.

but the lights are hard to troubleshoot and they are the same junk
quality of the regular ones.

I wish I had a dollar for everyone that has a problem trouble shooting
lights!

There's been this tool around for a few years now, and it really works. You
would think someone was BSing you, until you actually used one. You can
have a string of lights out, and this little tool will find which bulb is
bad.

Yes. Sometimes very quickly, compared to checking each bulb.