Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do u get your flag outside to stop getting twisted up ??

I have my flag on a pole from my garage at a 45 degree angle. I dont
really want to move it as its in a great place. Is there any
contraption available that prevents the flag from being wrapped around
the pole numerous times ? Thanks.

I wish you a Merry CHRISTmas as The Creator who decided to intervene in
humanity is celebrated . This is the real reason for the season.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dave in Lake Villa" wrote in message
I have my flag on a pole from my garage at a 45 degree angle. I dont
really want to move it as its in a great place. Is there any
contraption available that prevents the flag from being wrapped around
the pole numerous times ? Thanks.

Yes, Absolutely Dave.

We fly a Canadian Flag off our deck on the .45 degree angle and I can
sympathise with your delema. What I did was use one of the regular flag
poles that are normally used like a 1 inch Dia Aluminum pole etc. Then I
measured the distance between the attaching grometts on the flag. Then I got
some electricians tape and taped a large washer that would slide over the
pole. After doing that I attached the flag using plastic "one use" wire
ties. I left them very loose so they could turn with the flag, yet be tight
enough to not slip the outside of the washer... If you want digital photos,
I'm home for a few days and can be reached at
jim-dot-morris-AT-sasktel-dot-net

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , on Sun, 3
Dec 2006 20:37:38 -0600, Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

I have my flag on a pole from my garage at a 45 degree angle. I dont
really want to move it as its in a great place. Is there any
contraption available that prevents the flag from being wrapped around
the pole numerous times ? Thanks.

Supposedly a "neverfurl" will do it - many flag dealers sell them.

http://www.neverfurl.com/

--
Seth Goodman
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dave in Lake Villa wrote:
I have my flag on a pole from my garage at a 45 degree angle. I dont
really want to move it as its in a great place. Is there any
contraption available that prevents the flag from being wrapped around
the pole numerous times ? Thanks.

Rotating flag bracket:
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/P...7x&dept%5Fid=1

Carol
Posted to alt.home.repair

Really excellent replies. Will proceed from here. Thanks alot People.
Dave

I wish you a Merry CHRISTmas as The Creator who decided to intervene in
humanity is celebrated . This is the real reason for the season.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Jimi, bvenuti wrote:

Yes, Absolutely Dave.
We fly a Canadian Flag off our deck on the .45 degree angle and I can
sympathise with your delema. What I did was use one of the regular flag
poles that are normally used like a 1 inch Dia Aluminum pole etc. Then I
measured the distance between the attaching grometts on the flag. Then I

got
some electricians tape and taped a large washer that would slide over the
pole. After doing that I attached the flag using plastic "one use"
wire
ties. I left them very loose so they could turn with the flag, yet be

tight
enough to not slip the outside of the washer... If you want digital

photos,
I'm home for a few days and can be reached at
jim-dot-morris-AT-sasktel-dot-net

Hi,
We would love to see picture if possible.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...up-172124-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rex Rex is offline

replying to Dave in Lake Villa, Rex wrote:
I made a couple pieces out of aluminum that fit a 1" flagpole. They can clamp
to the pole to fit any size flag and the allow the flag to fly freely around
the pole without getting stuck.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...up-172124-.htm

flag boxes... [email protected] Woodworking 0 October 10th 06 04:28 AM
US Flag spotlight Matt Home Repair 10 May 23rd 05 02:16 AM
OT : Another Flag question Matt Home Repair 4 May 20th 05 01:01 AM
DP depth stop / quill stop Gerald Ross Woodturning 3 December 28th 04 03:16 PM
Twisted door, Help! David Kahler Woodworking 1 August 18th 03 03:03 PM