Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Day/Night Switch?

I just purchased a brand new outdoor light for my house. It is operated
by a normal switch like most lights.. However, my Wife is always
complaining that I don't remember to turn it off in the morning. So, to
avoid future nagging (aside from remembering to turn it off), is there
some sort of device which I can put in series with the light to detect
night and day?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brian" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just purchased a brand new outdoor light for my house. It is operated
by a normal switch like most lights.. However, my Wife is always
complaining that I don't remember to turn it off in the morning. So, to
avoid future nagging (aside from remembering to turn it off), is there
some sort of device which I can put in series with the light to detect
night and day?

Yes. Any hardware store should have them.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

"Brian" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just purchased a brand new outdoor light for my house. It is operated
by a normal switch like most lights.. However, my Wife is always
complaining that I don't remember to turn it off in the morning. So, to
avoid future nagging (aside from remembering to turn it off), is there
some sort of device which I can put in series with the light to detect
night and day?

Thanks

A light with a sensor just like mine--got it at Home Depot. Keep the switch
on and the light will go on at dusk and off in the morning. Switch off and
no light at any time.
MLD

Day / Night CCTV none UK diy 61 August 13th 06 02:20 AM
A/C won't stay cold during the day/at night works great? jcarter30 Home Repair 7 July 17th 06 12:20 PM
night/day cctv cameras Elessar UK diy 4 February 11th 05 11:21 PM
40A digital 7 day water heater time switch Nick Home Repair 3 August 29th 04 04:34 PM