DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Day/Night Switch? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/184383-day-night-switch.html)

Brian November 30th 06 08:13 PM

Day/Night Switch?

I just purchased a brand new outdoor light for my house. It is operated
by a normal switch like most lights.. However, my Wife is always
complaining that I don't remember to turn it off in the morning. So, to
avoid future nagging (aside from remembering to turn it off), is there
some sort of device which I can put in series with the light to detect
night and day?

Thanks

Bob F November 30th 06 08:20 PM

Day/Night Switch?

"Brian" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just purchased a brand new outdoor light for my house. It is operated
by a normal switch like most lights.. However, my Wife is always
complaining that I don't remember to turn it off in the morning. So, to
avoid future nagging (aside from remembering to turn it off), is there
some sort of device which I can put in series with the light to detect
night and day?

Yes. Any hardware store should have them.

Bob

MLD November 30th 06 10:26 PM

Day/Night Switch?

"Brian" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just purchased a brand new outdoor light for my house. It is operated
by a normal switch like most lights.. However, my Wife is always
complaining that I don't remember to turn it off in the morning. So, to
avoid future nagging (aside from remembering to turn it off), is there
some sort of device which I can put in series with the light to detect
night and day?

Thanks

A light with a sensor just like mine--got it at Home Depot. Keep the switch
on and the light will go on at dusk and off in the morning. Switch off and
no light at any time.
MLD