Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Never Bury Electrical Cable

Never Bury Electrical Cable. Not even the type intended for that
purpose such as UF cable. The soil is dirty, and you will end up
getting dirty power going to the building served by this cable. Dirty
power is destructive to electronics and other devices.

Always hang wires in the clean fresh air and you will always have
clean and fresh power.

Mark

If you believe this, I am selling the United States of America to the
highest bidder. Please Start Bidding Now !!!!

LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Never Bury Electrical Cable. Not even the type intended for that
purpose such as UF cable. The soil is dirty, and you will end up
getting dirty power going to the building served by this cable. Dirty
power is destructive to electronics and other devices.

Always hang wires in the clean fresh air and you will always have
clean and fresh power.

....and don't forget to hang them so the electricity runs downhill.

You don't know how many times I've see a power cable run from a pole, up to
the roof of a home. The folks complain that the lights flicker. What do they
expect, having to push the power up the cable. Would have been much better
to mount it to the house between the first and second floors!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Noozer" wrote in message

wrote in message
Never Bury Electrical Cable. Not even the type intended for that
purpose such as UF cable. The soil is dirty, and you will end up
getting dirty power going to the building served by this cable. Dirty
power is destructive to electronics and other devices.

Always hang wires in the clean fresh air and you will always have
clean and fresh power.

...and don't forget to hang them so the electricity runs downhill.

You don't know how many times I've see a power cable run from a pole, up
to the roof of a home. The folks complain that the lights flicker. What do
they expect, having to push the power up the cable. Would have been much
better to mount it to the house between the first and second floors!

Nonsense. If you put those kid protector plugs in empty outlets, it improves
the pressure in the whole system by preventing dripping of unused
electricity. Then, it doesn't matter if the outside wire runs up or
downhill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I DONT want the US at any price!!

Its damaged goods mired in Iraq, with a complete idiot as president

Who would want to buy something like that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 27, 9:11 am, " wrote:
I DONT want the US at any price!!

Its damaged goods mired in Iraq, with a complete idiot as president

Who would want to buy something like that.

Investors who can see beyond two years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Yes, but you failed to mention that you would need to check for the rated
pressure that
the line to the house can handle.

Like a pressure washer if the line is not rated to handle that much pressure
guess what???
You have water all over the place and a wild hose trying to slap you silly.

Now just think what would happen if your incoming power line did that.

You know how some people are they would try to pick up (steal) some free
power laying
all over the street and when they get slapped silly by the line flying
around they will
want to sue you.......

JMHO...

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 27, 9:11 am, " wrote:
I DONT want the US at any price!!

Its damaged goods mired in Iraq, with a complete idiot as president

Who would want to buy something like that.

Investors who can see beyond two years.

Yep. It's a great "fixer-upper" if the price is right...

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Noozer wrote:
wrote in message
Never Bury Electrical Cable. Not even the type intended for that
purpose such as UF cable. The soil is dirty, and you will end up
getting dirty power going to the building served by this cable. Dirty
power is destructive to electronics and other devices.

Always hang wires in the clean fresh air and you will always have
clean and fresh power.

...and don't forget to hang them so the electricity runs downhill.

You don't know how many times I've see a power cable run from a pole, up to
the roof of a home. The folks complain that the lights flicker. What do they
expect, having to push the power up the cable. Would have been much better
to mount it to the house between the first and second floors!

Nonsense. It's the other way around. What we call electricity is
really dark suckers and dark is heavier than light. Therefore is runs
down the wires much easier.

"Dark has mass. When dark goes into a dark sucker, friction from the
mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating dark
sucker (depending on its power). Candles present a special problem as
the mass must travel into a solid wick instead of through clear glass.
This generates a great amount of heat and therefore it is unwise to
touch an operating candle."

Dark is heavier than light. If you were to swim just below
the surface of the lake, you would see a lot of light. If you were to
slowly swim deeper and deeper, you would notice it getting darker and
darker. When you get really deep, you would be in total darkness. This
is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the
lighter light floats at the top. The is why it is called light.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

I actually saw that happen this summer. It was on a high voltage line,
and that escaping power really made a lot of noise. I think about what
might have happened if I was walking on the wrong side of the street.

JMHO...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:48:26 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

wrote:

Never Bury Electrical Cable. Not even the type intended for that
purpose such as UF cable. The soil is dirty, and you will end up
getting dirty power going to the building served by this cable. Dirty
power is destructive to electronics and other devices.

Always hang wires in the clean fresh air and you will always have
clean and fresh power.

Mark

If you believe this, I am selling the United States of America to the
highest bidder. Please Start Bidding Now !!!!

LOL

Hmmm,
You didn't know? B4 you bury the cable you have to check the Ph of the
soil and sanitize it, LOL!

Sanitize your brain too, so it doesn't pick up any defective electrons
And watch out for the dreaded allpox :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Never Bury Electrical Cable. Not even the type intended for that
purpose such as UF cable. The soil is dirty, and you will end up
getting dirty power going to the building served by this cable. Dirty
power is destructive to electronics and other devices.

Always hang wires in the clean fresh air and you will always have
clean and fresh power.

Mark

If you believe this, I am selling the United States of America to the
highest bidder. Please Start Bidding Now !!!!

LOL

Hmmm,
You didn't know? B4 you bury the cable you have to check the Ph of the
soil and sanitize it, LOL!

Sanitize your brain too, so it doesn't pick up any defective electrons
And watch out for the dreaded allpox :-)

Hi,
I wear tip foil hat, LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

just get an electricity pump and proplem solved.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
just get an electricity pump and proplem solved.

you guys are hilarious- really gave me a good laugh- obviously too many
of us have too much time on their hands.
Thanks
-an electical engineer

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you believe this, I am selling the United States of America to the
highest bidder. Please Start Bidding Now !!!!

LOL

Another great suggestion but probably will not help at my house. My
electricity can't make up it's mind. It changes directions about 60
thousand times a second.

Umm... Hertz, not KiloHertz. 60 cycles per second.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Another great suggestion but probably will not help at my house.
My electricity can't make up it's mind. It changes directions
about 60 thousand times a second.

Make that 120.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Bert Byfield wrote:
Another great suggestion but probably will not help at my house.
My electricity can't make up it's mind. It changes directions
about 60 thousand times a second.

Make that 120.

If you guys are getting all technical, wouldn't it only *change*
direction 119 times?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Another great suggestion but probably will not help at my house.
My electricity can't make up it's mind. It changes directions
about 60 thousand times a second.

Make that 120.

If you guys are getting all technical, wouldn't it only *change*
direction 119 times?

Draw a graph of 60cps sine wave for 1 second. It will consist of 60
cycles in the form of full sine waves. Each peak, top and bottom, is a
change of direction. So: 120.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

I'll simplify this because of the formatting to 3 cycles using straight
lines. Assume starting at the "top" of a cycle. I have numbered the
"changes"

2 4
\ /\ /\ /
\ / \ / \ /
\/ \/ \/
1 3 5

At the first and last positions, there is not "change in direction".
Therefore the number of changes of direction = (cycle X 2) - 1

Only be starting mid-cycle do you get cycleX2

But I think we are going a little overboard on this.

Bert Byfield wrote:
Another great suggestion but probably will not help at my house.
My electricity can't make up it's mind. It changes directions
about 60 thousand times a second.

Make that 120.

If you guys are getting all technical, wouldn't it only *change*
direction 119 times?

Draw a graph of 60cps sine wave for 1 second. It will consist of 60
cycles in the form of full sine waves. Each peak, top and bottom, is a
change of direction. So: 120.

Posted to alt.home.repair
JP JP is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
I DONT want the US at any price!!

Its damaged goods mired in Iraq, with a complete idiot as president

Who would want to buy something like that.

Well, 12-16 million illegal aliens think they've got it figured out. Most
of the rest of us know we've got something good when everybody else wants a
piece of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Bert Byfield wrote:
Another great suggestion but probably will not help at my house.
My electricity can't make up it's mind. It changes directions
about 60 thousand times a second.

Make that 120.

If you guys are getting all technical, wouldn't it only *change*
direction 119 times?

Draw a graph of 60cps sine wave for 1 second. It will consist of 60
cycles in the form of full sine waves. Each peak, top and bottom, is a
change of direction. So: 120.

The direction of current flow changes when the graphed line crosses the
zero line, not at the peaks, but otherwise I agree.
the peak.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland -
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28 Nov 2006 20:33:26 -0800, "Pat"
wrote:

Bert Byfield wrote:
Another great suggestion but probably will not help at my house.
My electricity can't make up it's mind. It changes directions
about 60 thousand times a second.

Make that 120.

If you guys are getting all technical, wouldn't it only *change*
direction 119 times?

Consider that the current will VERY SELDOM be turned on at the exact
moment of zero-crossing, and left on for exactly 1 second.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

|-- 3 cycles --|

/\ /\ /\
--- 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 ------------ center line
\/ \/ \/

Starting at point 1, a complete cycle is achieved at point 2. The next
cycle is completed at point 2, the third cycle is point 4

You do not have a change of direction at point 1
Change of direction at point 2
Change of direction at point 3
You do not have a change of direction at point 4 (does not cross the
line, mere reaches it).

Therefore you only have 2 changes of direction. This = (cycles X 2) -
1 because your terminating point isn't a change of direction.

Therefore for 2 seconds, it would be 119 changes of direction (but 120
cycles)..

wrote:
In article ,
Bert Byfield wrote:
Another great suggestion but probably will not help at my house.
My electricity can't make up it's mind. It changes directions
about 60 thousand times a second.

Make that 120.

If you guys are getting all technical, wouldn't it only *change*
direction 119 times?

Draw a graph of 60cps sine wave for 1 second. It will consist of 60
cycles in the form of full sine waves. Each peak, top and bottom, is a
change of direction. So: 120.

The direction of current flow changes when the graphed line crosses the
zero line, not at the peaks, but otherwise I agree.
the peak.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland -

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 30 Nov 2006 11:42:22 -0800, "Pat"
wrote:

|-- 3 cycles --|

/\ /\ /\
--- 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 ------------ center line
\/ \/ \/

Starting at point 1, a complete cycle is achieved at point 2. The next
cycle is completed at point 2, the third cycle is point 4

You do not have a change of direction at point 1
Change of direction at point 2
Change of direction at point 3
You do not have a change of direction at point 4 (does not cross the
line, mere reaches it).

Try that again, 1/4 cycle farther along the phase :-)

If the segment between 1 and 1.01 does not contain a zero-crossing,
than there must be a zero-crossing to the left of 1.
If that is true, and we have three complete cycles, then
there must also be a zero-crossing to the left of 4.

To demonstrate this, chop up your three-cycle diagram
into three separate 1-cycle diagrams.

If you have 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4, do the zero-crossings
at 2 and 3 just dissapear?

Do your diagram again for 6 cycles. How many
direction changes are there? Where did the
extra one come from?

--Goedjn