Posted to alt.home.repair
SAm E SAm E is offline

Default Never Bury Electrical Cable

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:40:52 -0500, "BernMan"
wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Noozer" wrote in message

wrote in message
Never Bury Electrical Cable. Not even the type intended for that
purpose such as UF cable. The soil is dirty, and you will end up
getting dirty power going to the building served by this cable. Dirty
power is destructive to electronics and other devices.

Always hang wires in the clean fresh air and you will always have
clean and fresh power.

...and don't forget to hang them so the electricity runs downhill.

You don't know how many times I've see a power cable run from a pole, up
to the roof of a home. The folks complain that the lights flicker. What
do they expect, having to push the power up the cable. Would have been
much better to mount it to the house between the first and second floors!

Nonsense. If you put those kid protector plugs in empty outlets, it
improves the pressure in the whole system by preventing dripping of unused
electricity. Then, it doesn't matter if the outside wire runs up or
downhill.

Yes, but you failed to mention that you would need to check for the rated
pressure that
the line to the house can handle.

Like a pressure washer if the line is not rated to handle that much pressure
guess what???
You have water all over the place and a wild hose trying to slap you silly.

Now just think what would happen if your incoming power line did that.

You know how some people are they would try to pick up (steal) some free
power laying
all over the street and when they get slapped silly by the line flying
around they will
want to sue you.......

I actually saw that happen this summer. It was on a high voltage line,
and that escaping power really made a lot of noise. I think about what
might have happened if I was walking on the wrong side of the street.

JMHO...