Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair

Default clean guttering

novice in London u.k. wishes to buy ladder to clean out gutters on two story
(ground and first floor) terrace house.

my neighbour also recommends to also buy a 'thingy' that allows the ladder
to rest on the actual tiles of the roof enabling me to reach into the
gutters more easily...a good idea?

would anyone recommend from which store to buy an inexpensive aluminium
ladder to do this job please?

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair

"cojack" wrote in message
I would recomend a 'Stand Off' which attaches to top of ladder and allows
you to see into gutter without leaning back and getting off balance.

Seconded to that, makes this job (and others) much easier and safer. Have a
look at Wickes if you have one nearby. I got mine from there a couple of
months ago and it was £15.00. Just looked on their web site and it's now £24
but still cheaper than Screwfix. As far as the ladder itself is concerned
you need to find out what length you need and shop around. Bear in mind if
you're not used to ladders it can be 'scary monsters' up there especially
when you have a bucket in one hand and a cleaning implement in the other.
One thing I do is put a pole through one of the rung tubes and hang my
bucket on that. You could use the money to pay somebody to do it but that
aint DIY and you don't get to keep the ladders etc!

HTH

John

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair

"John" wrote in message

"cojack" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry forgot this
http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/530039

John

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair

John wrote:
One thing I do is put a pole through one of the rung tubes and hang my
bucket on that. You could use the money to pay somebody to do it but that
aint DIY and you don't get to keep the ladders etc!

Our window cleaner used to clean the gutters when asked - for a small
extra payment of course. But that was back in England. We don't have
window cleaners here on Stronsay as strong winds, salt spray and rain
make their existence a bit pointless g
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Guttering questions Chris UK diy 13 July 11th 06 11:13 AM
Guttering r.p.mcmurphy UK diy 28 September 2nd 05 02:56 PM
Guttering prices? Jim S UK diy 19 April 15th 05 01:27 AM
Guttering John UK diy 4 July 22nd 04 06:25 PM
Guttering John UK diy 24 June 17th 04 08:14 AM