Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default clean guttering

"John" wrote in message

"cojack" wrote in message
I would recomend a 'Stand Off' which attaches to top of ladder and allows
you to see into gutter without leaning back and getting off balance.

Seconded to that, makes this job (and others) much easier and safer. Have
a look at Wickes if you have one nearby. I got mine from there a couple
of months ago and it was £15.00. Just looked on their web site and it's
now £24 but still cheaper than Screwfix. As far as the ladder itself is
concerned you need to find out what length you need and shop around. Bear
in mind if you're not used to ladders it can be 'scary monsters' up there
especially when you have a bucket in one hand and a cleaning implement in
the other. One thing I do is put a pole through one of the rung tubes and
hang my bucket on that. You could use the money to pay somebody to do it
but that aint DIY and you don't get to keep the ladders etc!

HTH

John

Sorry forgot this
http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/530039