Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Dispenser Not Working

Make : Amana
Model: SXD22S2W
Manuf: P1303503WW

The door water dispenser in my Amana side-by-side fridge suddenly stopped
working. The ice maker however, works fine.

Both solenoid valves appear to be working fine. I disconnected the tubing from
the valve to the water reservoir, and when the water dispenser is activated at
the fridge door the valve opens and there is strong water flow.

After reading through most of the threads in this group, I've narrowed the
problem down to either the water line being clogged or frozen.

During Thanksgiving Day, the freezer temperature was set lower than normal. One
of our (not so bright) guests set it to maximum cooling in order to get the ice
maker to make ice faster. Next morning, no water.

I've come to the conclusion that the water in the reservoir or feed line is now
frozen.

Since we ended up with a lot of leftover frozen turkey that my wife does not
wish to throw away, (even though I've tried very hard to convince her) I would
like to clear the line without having to go through a 24 hour defrost cycle (my
garage refrigerator freezer is also full of [you guessed it] leftover turkey).

I've tried following the line from the valve to the reservoir, but it's very
difficult to reach without taking out some additional parts like the fan motor,
etc. This is something that I'm not comfortable tackling without a diagram or
repair manual. How is the reservoir removed? From the back or the front of the
refrigerator?

Any suggestions, tips, etc. are greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

John.