Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raising main truck

I am finishing my basement. I have a main feed truck running down the
center of the house. It looks like it can be raised up about 4 inches to
snug up against the first floor joists. I need all the headroom I can
possibly get.
..
Can this be done? Any idea on cost (I know this is an unfair question). I
am guessing I need some sort of transition boot where the duct would get
cut. Would this cut air flow if a transition was put in? I don't have much
HVAC experience, but it doesn't seem like this would be a huge job.
..
Thank you for your time.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben Ben is offline

"Jack" wrote
I am finishing my basement. I have a main feed truck running down the
center of the house. It looks like it can be raised up about 4 inches to
snug up against the first floor joists. I need all the headroom I can
possibly get.

Take the tires and rims off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jack wrote:

I am finishing my basement. I have a main feed truck running down the
center of the house. It looks like it can be raised up about 4 inches to
snug up against the first floor joists. I need all the headroom I can
possibly get.
.
Can this be done? Any idea on cost (I know this is an unfair question). I
am guessing I need some sort of transition boot where the duct would get
cut. Would this cut air flow if a transition was put in? I don't have much
HVAC experience, but it doesn't seem like this would be a huge job.
.
Thank you for your time.

Hi,
What is truck doing in the basement?
Truck needs head room too!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jack" wrote in message ...
I am finishing my basement. I have a main feed truck running down the
center of the house. It looks like it can be raised up about 4 inches to
snug up against the first floor joists. I need all the headroom I can
possibly get.
.
Can this be done? Any idea on cost (I know this is an unfair question).

Sure. You can either jack it up on stand, or drive the truck up on a ramp.
For 4", you can just park it on cinder blocks laying on their side. Total
cost less than 10 bucks.

While driving the truck around the basement, try not to hit the feed trunk
for the heater

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Jack" wrote:
Spelling error. How about 'main trunk'? Sorry.

Doesn't help. Not me, at least. What are you talking about?

--
Regards,