Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Marble advice needed

Hi everyone,

I am renovating a bathroom in the cellar of my home and I have my heart
set on imperador marble tile. I am having a bit of trouble finding out
exactly how much would be charged to lay the tile. I know that the cost
of the tile alone is about 11 dollars per square foot. What I want to
know is if the installation could possibly cost more than the tile
itself.. It is a cement floor and all of the drywall and rockboard will
be brand new (if that makes a difference). I know each situation is
different, but I'm just curious if anyone has some basic prices they
might have paid in the past

Sincerely, Anthony

Posted to alt.home.repair

What I want to
know is if the installation could possibly cost more than the tile
itself

Absolutely, if done right. You're talking about a small area, essentially
all edges, lots of cutting and fitting, laborious techniques to minimize
lippage. All told, it's hard to finish more than a square foot or two per
hour on average. Now if you want fat grout joints, and lots of lippage,
then any clown could do it fast and cheap.

PC Advice Needed Bill Electronics Repair 11 January 1st 06 05:20 PM
Synthetic marble, Corian, marble effect - cheapest options? Eusebius UK diy 2 December 2nd 05 10:51 PM
Advice needed ??? Peter Home Repair 14 June 28th 05 02:11 PM
What's the diff between marble tile and marble w/ resin tile? Miki Kanazawa Home Repair 1 September 9th 04 11:56 PM
AC Advice Needed! unix-freak Home Ownership 27 June 14th 04 03:53 PM