Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "call for heat" in my carrier furnace?

Hey guys,

We just moved to a new home with a Carrier 58PAV up-flow gas furnace.
The furnace checked out fine before we moved in, so I'm not sure if the
way that it's currently operating is normal (and it works in a way I
don't expect), or if something is wrong:

Say the temperature in my house is 68 degrees, and the thermostat is
set to HEAT at 71 degrees. Well, the furnace stats circulating the
air (that is, air is moving through the system and into the house so
the blower fan turns on), however it's just the ambient temperature
(whatever temp it is in my garage and ducts - but not hot/warm). So,
effectively I have this cool breeze blowing through my home! If I set
my thermostat up to 90 degrees, then the burners click on and start
heating the air. I'm not sure why the 'call for heat' isn't heating
for low differences in temperature..?

am I totally nuts? Thanks in advance for your help...!

Old Carrier furnace: spark igniter Puddin' Man Home Repair 0 September 30th 05 04:30 PM
Old Carrier furnace and heat-exchanger Puddin' Man Home Repair 7 August 29th 05 03:37 PM
Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else Bob Pietrangelo Home Ownership 6 February 1st 05 06:30 AM
Carrier 58GS Gas Furnace (20 yrs old): Blower removal Puddin' Man Home Repair 7 November 14th 04 08:53 PM
Carrier variable speed gas furnace don h Home Repair 0 October 24th 04 10:54 PM