Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Gas Dryer Motor Problem

You all are my last Chance!
I've never "NOT" found the answer to a question on the net,...
till Now.

I have a GE Gas Dryer and I think the motor is fried. My problem is
that I can't get the thing out of the dryer to test it or replace it.

Model #DDG5480

I was able to find a site that walked me through taking it all apart
so I could get to it,.. but I can't find anything telling me how to
get it off.

I've unsnapped the clip on the mount but I can't get it off the
blower. Taking that metal thing over the drive shaft on the blower
didn't do much.

Please Help!!!!!! My wife is starting to give me dirty looks and with
3 kids in the house I don't blame her Grin.

Ken22

Washer and Dryer Hookup Questions. phaeton Home Repair 9 May 1st 06 07:09 PM
Kenmore dryer thermal cut-off popped again mikegi Home Repair 4 February 9th 06 07:32 PM
dryer vent location John Home Repair 7 June 14th 05 04:31 AM
Green wire on Dryer? Duncan Tuna Home Repair 4 April 25th 05 11:40 AM
Can I plug my 230V compressor (NEMA 6-20P) into a dryer (NEMA 10-30R) receptacle? Martin Mickston Home Ownership 1 October 25th 04 04:17 PM