Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flagpole light

I am searching for a solar light to place on top of a 20-ft. flagpole.
Found several that are low voltage requiring a buried wire, which is
impractical in my application. Anyone know of a light designed
specifically for this application?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Slim Pickings" wrote in message
news
I am searching for a solar light to place on top of a 20-ft. flagpole.
Found several that are low voltage requiring a buried wire, which is
impractical in my application. Anyone know of a light designed
specifically for this application?

google of solar+flagpole+light produced this among others:

http://store.sundancesolarcorp.com/palisoledfll.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Slim Pickings" wrote in message
news
I am searching for a solar light to place on top of a 20-ft. flagpole.
Found several that are low voltage requiring a buried wire, which is
impractical in my application. Anyone know of a light designed
specifically for this application?

oops. here are the others:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&btnG=S earch

Posted to alt.home.repair

"lee houston" wrote in message
t...

"Slim Pickings" wrote in message
news
I am searching for a solar light to place on top of a 20-ft.

flagpole.
Found several that are low voltage requiring a buried wire, which

is
impractical in my application. Anyone know of a light designed
specifically for this application?

oops. here are the others:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&btnG=S earch

Thank you for help. I like the Patriot Light- Solar LED Flagpole
Light. Price is reasonable and the mounting simple but out of stock
for now. Several sites claim solar but do not have any and some are
neat but $250 is a bit pricey. I really like that rotating version.
With all you gave me it will take some time to search through it all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

lee houston wrote:
"Slim Pickings" wrote in message
news
I am searching for a solar light to place on top of a 20-ft. flagpole.
Found several that are low voltage requiring a buried wire, which is
impractical in my application. Anyone know of a light designed
specifically for this application?

google of solar+flagpole+light produced this among others:

http://store.sundancesolarcorp.com/palisoledfll.html

Thanks for the links. I have mine lit up with a 50 watt flood pointed
straight up the pole. Bulb burns out during heavy rain as it runs down
into the socket. I will be checking those sources.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Nov 2006 07:37:15 -0800, "Harry K"
wrote:

lee houston wrote:
"Slim Pickings" wrote in message
news
I am searching for a solar light to place on top of a 20-ft. flagpole.
Found several that are low voltage requiring a buried wire, which is
impractical in my application. Anyone know of a light designed
specifically for this application?

google of solar+flagpole+light produced this among others:

http://store.sundancesolarcorp.com/palisoledfll.html

Thanks for the links. I have mine lit up with a 50 watt flood pointed
straight up the pole. Bulb burns out during heavy rain as it runs down
into the socket. I will be checking those sources.

$4 worth of lucite would solve that problem...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Slim Pickings wrote:
I am searching for a solar light to place on top of a 20-ft. flagpole.
Found several that are low voltage requiring a buried wire, which is
impractical in my application. Anyone know of a light designed
specifically for this application?

Use the big one in the sky. Detail someone to take down the flag
at night or in the rain. I know that a floodlight on a flag makes
it polite to fly it all night, and I don't mean to sound preachy, but
there are so many pathetic, faded, sodden flags out there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Use the big one in the sky. Detail someone to take down the flag
at night or in the rain. I know that a floodlight on a flag makes
it polite to fly it all night, and I don't mean to sound preachy, but
there are so many pathetic, faded, sodden flags out there.

DON'T ATTEMPT TO LOWER FLAG DURING RAIN.

Protocol has changed in this regard. Too many people died.

Respect for the flag is not a suicide pact.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

Use the big one in the sky. Detail someone to take down the flag
at night or in the rain. I know that a floodlight on a flag makes
it polite to fly it all night, and I don't mean to sound preachy, but
there are so many pathetic, faded, sodden flags out there.

DON'T ATTEMPT TO LOWER FLAG DURING RAIN.

Protocol has changed in this regard. Too many people died.

Respect for the flag is not a suicide pact.

HB:

Well, gee, dude, I'm not saying you should do it during a lightning
storm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

Slim Pickings wrote:
I am searching for a solar light to place on top of a 20-ft.

flagpole.
Found several that are low voltage requiring a buried wire, which

is
impractical in my application. Anyone know of a light designed
specifically for this application?

Use the big one in the sky. Detail someone to take down the flag
at night or in the rain. I know that a floodlight on a flag

makes
it polite to fly it all night, and I don't mean to sound preachy,

but
there are so many pathetic, faded, sodden flags out there.

You do not sound preachy, I agree with you 100%. Tattered flags are
disrespectful. I take the flag down at night unless illuminated and
keep it out of the rain if possible. My local dry cleaner cleans
American flags free. I always have an additional new flag on hand and
replace them regularly. Also, I dispose of the old flags through The
American Legion. Personally, my wife and I think our flag looks great
illuminated against the night sky as it flutters in a soft breeze.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

HeyBub wrote:

Use the big one in the sky. Detail someone to take down the flag
at night or in the rain. I know that a floodlight on a flag makes
it polite to fly it all night, and I don't mean to sound preachy, but
there are so many pathetic, faded, sodden flags out there.

DON'T ATTEMPT TO LOWER FLAG DURING RAIN.

Protocol has changed in this regard. Too many people died.

Respect for the flag is not a suicide pact.

HB:

Well, gee, dude, I'm not saying you should do it during a lightning
storm.

Neither am I. Large, wet flags can wrap around your body and, due to
hydrostatic pressure, squeeze with more pressure than a python, killing you.
In addition, the dyes used on the flag (principally the blues) contain
water-soluble compounds of Cyanide that are extremely toxic and can cause
almost instant death. Further, when the flag comes down, something must be
going up. There are many cases of people being hanged on flag-pole ropes
while not be attentive to the hazards involved.

You can also be stabbed to death by improper use of an umbrella.

Too, there may be permitting issues involved. Lighted flags have additional
orders of magnitude problems. Also flagpoles that are part of a sprinkler
system. Or those covered in Formica.

No, just too risky for your average DIYer. Best to call in a pro. After the
rain.

Want a longer lasting light bulb Mel Home Repair 17 October 26th 05 02:25 PM
Light Bulb Phil UK diy 18 March 27th 05 05:50 PM
Found elsewhere but perhaps a bit close to home? John UK diy 5 December 29th 04 11:28 PM
Survey on Newsgroup Behavior Jens Arndt Home Repair 27 November 2nd 04 01:45 PM
Inground spa light replac barry martin Home Repair 0 October 14th 04 12:30 AM