Posted to alt.home.repair
Slim Pickings Slim Pickings is offline

Default Flagpole light

wrote in message
oups.com...

Slim Pickings wrote:
I am searching for a solar light to place on top of a 20-ft.

flagpole.
Found several that are low voltage requiring a buried wire, which

is
impractical in my application. Anyone know of a light designed
specifically for this application?

Use the big one in the sky. Detail someone to take down the flag
at night or in the rain. I know that a floodlight on a flag

makes
it polite to fly it all night, and I don't mean to sound preachy,

but
there are so many pathetic, faded, sodden flags out there.

You do not sound preachy, I agree with you 100%. Tattered flags are
disrespectful. I take the flag down at night unless illuminated and
keep it out of the rain if possible. My local dry cleaner cleans
American flags free. I always have an additional new flag on hand and
replace them regularly. Also, I dispose of the old flags through The
American Legion. Personally, my wife and I think our flag looks great
illuminated against the night sky as it flutters in a soft breeze.