Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbers' mate needed

I've got a problem with my feed and expansion tank - when I bled the
radiators last weekend, the overflow from the feed and expansion tank
in the loft started leaking. I turned down the water pressure at the
main stop cock (that helped a bit) but since then it keeps leaking
whenever the central heating's on.

Wasting water, leading to damp + I'm worried about it getting worse.
The feed and expansion tank's in the loft, covered in cobwebs...so if
there's a way to fix it by adjusting the central heating, water
pressures, turning off some radiators, then I'm all for it.

So over to you - grateful for your help!!

Angelic88

--
angelic88
Posted to alt.home.repair

angelic88 wrote:
I've got a problem with my feed and expansion tank - when I bled the
radiators last weekend, the overflow from the feed and expansion tank
in the loft started leaking. I turned down the water pressure at the
main stop cock (that helped a bit) but since then it keeps leaking
whenever the central heating's on.

Wasting water, leading to damp + I'm worried about it getting worse.
The feed and expansion tank's in the loft, covered in cobwebs...so if
there's a way to fix it by adjusting the central heating, water
pressures, turning off some radiators, then I'm all for it.

So over to you - grateful for your help!!

Angelic88

I don't know your system but on mine the air relief is a small canister with
a small valve on top and a float inside that drops when air enters and then
reseals when the air level drops and the float rises to reseal. You have a
resealing problem, so either repair/replace the air bleeder. My system I
think it cost $10 US.

Rich

Plumbers mate. How to Apply Steven Campbell UK diy 11 September 15th 05 07:44 PM
New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Tool Thieves Tom Watson Woodworking 43 March 18th 05 07:56 PM
Any advice with painters mate ? rocyn UK diy 1 October 4th 03 10:30 AM