DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plumbers' mate needed (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/182005-plumbers-mate-needed.html)

angelic88 November 9th 06 03:51 PM

Plumbers' mate needed

I've got a problem with my feed and expansion tank - when I bled the
radiators last weekend, the overflow from the feed and expansion tank
in the loft started leaking. I turned down the water pressure at the
main stop cock (that helped a bit) but since then it keeps leaking
whenever the central heating's on.

Wasting water, leading to damp + I'm worried about it getting worse.
The feed and expansion tank's in the loft, covered in cobwebs...so if
there's a way to fix it by adjusting the central heating, water
pressures, turning off some radiators, then I'm all for it.

So over to you - grateful for your help!!

Angelic88

--
angelic88

Rich November 9th 06 04:12 PM

Plumbers' mate needed

angelic88 wrote:
I've got a problem with my feed and expansion tank - when I bled the
radiators last weekend, the overflow from the feed and expansion tank
in the loft started leaking. I turned down the water pressure at the
main stop cock (that helped a bit) but since then it keeps leaking
whenever the central heating's on.

Wasting water, leading to damp + I'm worried about it getting worse.
The feed and expansion tank's in the loft, covered in cobwebs...so if
there's a way to fix it by adjusting the central heating, water
pressures, turning off some radiators, then I'm all for it.

So over to you - grateful for your help!!

Angelic88

I don't know your system but on mine the air relief is a small canister with
a small valve on top and a float inside that drops when air enters and then
reseals when the air level drops and the float rises to reseal. You have a
resealing problem, so either repair/replace the air bleeder. My system I
think it cost $10 US.

Rich