Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot water circulator pump repair

My BIL has a circulator pump leaking around the shaft into the motor.
Is replacing the seal on a B&G LR20 as straightforward as it seems?

Disconnect wires, remove pump, remove impeller, pry off ceramic seal,
replace shaft seal

Can I trust the flo-control valves to keep the system from draining?

The furnace is in the basement and all of the pumps and valves are
mounted high near the ceiling. There are shutoff valves for each zone
on the return side and flo-control vavles after each pump on the supply
side. No shutoff valves for the pumps and I would like to avoid
draining the whole system of a split level house with three zones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, "RayV" wrote:
My BIL has a circulator pump leaking around the shaft into the motor.
Is replacing the seal on a B&G LR20 as straightforward as it seems?

Check the manufacturer's web site: www.bellgossett.com -- they have service
manuals on-line.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

also see www.circulatorpumps.com to order youe pump.
Posted to alt.home.repair

If it leaks alot of components are worn, replace it, its easy to do.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m Ransley wrote:
If it leaks alot of components are worn, replace it, its easy to do.

The supply house guy convinced me that worn bearings caused the seal to
leak, he sold me a replacement Taco pump for $75.

Four bolts and a wire, much better than trying to rebuild the pump.

Hot Water Recirculator Comfort Valve Inefficiencies Cost More Then An Outlet Install [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 21st 06 12:13 AM
Salt content of softened water Steve B Home Repair 26 January 25th 06 04:06 AM
LeCroy Oscilloscope/ VME/ CAMAC/ NIM/ FASTBUS repair fernando1222 Electronics Repair 0 June 7th 05 09:18 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM