Posted to alt.home.repair

Default vinyl or composite outdoor flooring (deck) panels

I have a flat roof that we use as a balcony, terrace, deck, or whatever you
call it. We have a table and chairs and a small grill and eat there in the
summer. The roofing is the usual flatroof roll stuff. By the way, it is
inclined for drainage. it used to be level but we took out the leveling
joists (not structural) to roof it. We can live with our soup running out of
our bowl. For the moment that is not my problem. It is that I am getting a
lot of leaks below. I think it is because of the weight of the "duckboards"
(panels of two by fours to walk on) which we put back after the roofing.
They are now so old and porous they weigh a ton. I thought I would get rid
of them and am looking for something I could lay down right on the tarsheets
that would distribute the weight of people, tables, chairs and grill etc).
The vinyl and composite linear foot products are too expensive and
furthermore they need fasteners to joists etc. I want something to go right
over the roofing.

Maybe those interlocking panels that you see in playgrounds of gyms? I am
hoping I can get some more hard finished (not so soft) but that doesn't
matter. I will start by talking to the suppliers. So far I can't make sense
to anyone when I talk to roofers. They don't have any idea of what I mean.
Do you? thanks, Frank

--
.................................................. .................
Tu sitio para el aprendizaje del Inglés;

Posted to alt.home.repair

FRANK GERACE wrote:
I have a flat roof that we use as a balcony, terrace, deck, or whatever you
call it.The roofing is the usual flatroof roll stuff. For the moment that is not
my problem. It is that I am getting a lot of leaks below.

What type of finish flooring to use is not your problem. If you have
leaks then that is your problem. Your roof was not designed to be used
as a deck and you should not use it in that manner. In any case, the
roof needs to be repaired or replaced if it is leakin. Most roofs are
not designed for daily living. If you wish to continue using it as a
deck then you will need to have a design which includes that very
important feature.