Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air Nailer Leaking

I just got a Senco - model SFN2 air nailer.
I found it at an auction and it sold real cheap because there was a
sign on it that said "Needs Work". All I had to do was put a little
WD40 in the air fitting and it works fine.

The only thing, it is constantly leaking a small amount of air from th
exhaust port on the "head".
What could be causing this air leak?

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair

Any pneumatic nailer has O-rings that eventually wear from use or lack
of lubrication. Some of the Senco's are designed to work without
lubrication. WD40 is too thin - any home center will have nailer oil
in a small plastic bottle. Take the nailer to a repair shop and either
get them to order an O-ring set for you or let them repair it.

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:27:46 -0500, wrote:

I just got a Senco - model SFN2 air nailer.
I found it at an auction and it sold real cheap because there was a
sign on it that said "Needs Work". All I had to do was put a little
WD40 in the air fitting and it works fine.

The only thing, it is constantly leaking a small amount of air from th
exhaust port on the "head".
What could be causing this air leak?

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

you can buy senco o ring kits. that would be the place to start. i
had a leaking hitachi framer that was leaking because the machining on
an o ring seat had a ridge in it.

wrote:
I just got a Senco - model SFN2 air nailer.
I found it at an auction and it sold real cheap because there was a
sign on it that said "Needs Work". All I had to do was put a little
WD40 in the air fitting and it works fine.

The only thing, it is constantly leaking a small amount of air from th
exhaust port on the "head".
What could be causing this air leak?

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18 Oct 2006 05:33:52 -0700, "marson" wrote:

you can buy senco o ring kits. that would be the place to start. i
had a leaking hitachi framer that was leaking because the machining on
an o ring seat had a ridge in it.

Can you tell me where to get these kits, please?

I live in a rural area, there are no repair places nearby.
Mailorder is my only option.

Thanks

Mark