Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OVEN CLOCK BROKEN

The significance is that it's self cleaning GE
and needs the clock to run the function.

Fuse? Replace clock?

It's another "old one" and I may not be able
to get parts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
ups.com...
The significance is that it's self cleaning GE
and needs the clock to run the function.

Fuse? Replace clock?

It's another "old one" and I may not be able
to get parts.

You can do what I do. ; Our clock broke a few years ago. I just set the oven
to go on manually in the clean position, then turn it off four hours later.
They wanted $100 for a new clock, this is much cheaper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:48:27 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
oups.com...
The significance is that it's self cleaning GE
and needs the clock to run the function.

Fuse? Replace clock?

It's another "old one" and I may not be able
to get parts.

You can do what I do. ; Our clock broke a few years ago. I just set the oven
to go on manually in the clean position, then turn it off four hours later.
They wanted $100 for a new clock, this is much cheaper.

Yep. Did the same with mine too. Mine had a clockwork clock and
timer. I just couldn't figure out how it is possible for the gears to
be stripped especially since I hardly ever use the oven.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
ups.com...
The significance is that it's self cleaning GE
and needs the clock to run the function.

Fuse? Replace clock?

It's another "old one" and I may not be able
to get parts.

You can do what I do. ; Our clock broke a few years ago. I just set the oven
to go on manually in the clean position, then turn it off four hours later.
They wanted $100 for a new clock, this is much cheaper.

You're right! That would work perfectly.

Now, all I need to do is get that shield thing to move up again.

Yes, I would love a new oven... But, I'm waiting for one that does
everything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:34:58 GMT, PaPaPeng wrote:

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:48:27 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
roups.com...
The significance is that it's self cleaning GE
and needs the clock to run the function.

Fuse? Replace clock?

It's another "old one" and I may not be able
to get parts.

You can do what I do. ; Our clock broke a few years ago. I just set the oven
to go on manually in the clean position, then turn it off four hours later.
They wanted $100 for a new clock, this is much cheaper.

Yep. Did the same with mine too. Mine had a clockwork clock and
timer. I just couldn't figure out how it is possible for the gears to
be stripped especially since I hardly ever use the oven.

When I moved into this house, it had an old built-in electric oven.
The oven worked fine, but the clock wouldn't keep time. It just made a
LOUD sound (UHH...UHH...UHH...UHH...) all the time. I didn't need the
clock, so I disconnected it.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."
Posted to alt.home.repair

MRS. CLEAN wrote:
The significance is that it's self cleaning GE
and needs the clock to run the function.

Fuse? Replace clock?

It's another "old one" and I may not be able
to get parts.

This may be crucial.

As one chap said: "My wife doesn't need a watch. There's a clock on the
stove!"