Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where can I buy plastic shoe heel taps

For years I have used plastic taps to reduce wear on the heels of my
shoes. I used to buy them for a company called Hale Heels. They went
out of business a few years ago. Does anyone where I can buy these
taps?? They're like the old metal ones you used to put on the heels
of shoes, but they're plastic. Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

I looked recently for these in Hawaii. No luck. Ended up smearing a
crescent of epoxy on the heel for the same effect.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I know whatcher talking about - like this, though this seems pricey:

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=418214

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Al Kondo wrote:
For years I have used plastic taps to reduce wear on the heels of my
shoes. I used to buy them for a company called Hale Heels. They went
out of business a few years ago. Does anyone where I can buy these
taps?? They're like the old metal ones you used to put on the heels
of shoes, but they're plastic. Thanks

No idea, but seems like a good shoe repair shop would be a place to
start.

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to take some generally-available
reasonably hard plastic and fashion something that would get by in a
pinch, so to speak, particularly if one had access to a bandsaw or
scroll saw for cutting out.

I've not seen a tap of any kind except on boots or dance shoes in 30+
yrs...seem to be a thing of the past what w/ the almost ubiquitous
"sneaker"...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Oct 2006 12:16:55 -0700, wrote:

I know whatcher talking about - like this, though this seems pricey:

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=418214

Wow, am I glad to see this!

I bought a big package of (I thik rubber?) heel tips from Hale years
ago and am on my last few. Didn't know Hale went out of business.

Just spent an hour surfing to find equivalent, but no luck!

So thanks.

Note that this seller sounds like he will deal on larger
quantities, so might end up not so pricey.

I glue mine on rather than pound in, as I don't have a "foot" to hold
shoes while nailing.

Apasia

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 10 Oct 2006 12:24:16 -0700, "dpb" wrote:

I've not seen a tap of any kind except on boots or dance shoes in 30+
yrs...seem to be a thing of the past what w/ the almost ubiquitous
"sneaker"...

Maybe if I put taps on my sneakers, they would last longer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I should mention to the earlier posts that I use the plastic taps now
on my running/walking shoes, By gluing them on they extend the wear
of the heel areas a great deal. Because of my foot strike, this area
wears very quickly.

Al

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:43:25 GMT, (Al Kondo) wrote:

For years I have used plastic taps to reduce wear on the heels of my
shoes. I used to buy them for a company called Hale Heels. They went
out of business a few years ago. Does anyone where I can buy these
taps??

Woolworth's?

They're like the old metal ones you used to put on the heels
of shoes, but they're plastic. Thanks

Since there is no more Woolworths, try and 5 and dime. Or places like
K-mart, or any place with a Notions department (do they still have
those?) or a shoe repairman.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Al Kondo, Hale Heel Co wrote:
alkon wrote:

For years I have used plastic taps to reduce wear on the heels of my
shoes. I used to buy them for a company called Hale Heels. They went
out of business a few years ago. Does anyone where I can buy these
taps?? They're like the old metal ones you used to put on the heels
of shoes, but they're plastic. Thanks

Dear Alkon,

This is Chris Murphy from Hale Heel Co. We have not closed, we have moved
to PA.
Our website is www.haleheel.com where you can find everything you need.
Our email address is

We look forward to serving you again.

Regards,

Chris Murphy
Hale Heel Co

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ps-154967-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to dpb, Hale Heel Co wrote:
dpbozarth wrote:

Al Kondo wrote:
For years I have used plastic taps to reduce wear on the heels of my
shoes. I used to buy them for a company called Hale Heels. They went
out of business a few years ago. Does anyone where I can buy these
taps?? They're like the old metal ones you used to put on the heels
of shoes, but they're plastic. Thanks

No idea, but seems like a good shoe repair shop would be a place to
start.
Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to take some generally-available
reasonably hard plastic and fashion something that would get by in a
pinch, so to speak, particularly if one had access to a bandsaw or
scroll saw for cutting out.
I've not seen a tap of any kind except on boots or dance shoes in 30+
yrs...seem to be a thing of the past what w/ the almost ubiquitous
"sneaker"...

Al,

We're still here and our customers love our No noise Taps.
They save hundreds of dollars on shoes with our products
and we make walking or running more comfortable, have been for years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hale Heel Co wrote:

Dear Alkon,

This is Chris Murphy from Hale Heel Co. We have not closed, we
have moved to PA.

To Hale Heel.

Before you post a reply to usenet, you are well advised to check the
date of the post you are replying to.

In this case, "Al Kondo" posted his question about plastic taps in
October 2006. That's over 6 years ago. So you can understand how silly
your response looks to those of us that are regular readers of this
newsgroup (alt.home.repair).

It is not likely that Al Kondo will ever see your reply, let alone still
be interested in getting an answer after all this time has passed. His
posting activity to usenet appears to span a time-frame from 1995 to
August 2007, so it is highly likely he either died or has completely
abandoned participating in usenet 5 years ago.

And if you don't know what usenet is, I suggest you look it up in
wikipedia.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
Hale Heel Co wrote:

Dear Alkon,

This is Chris Murphy from Hale Heel Co. We have not closed, we
have moved to PA.

To Hale Heel.

Before you post a reply to usenet, you are well advised to check the
date of the post you are replying to.

In this case, "Al Kondo" posted his question about plastic taps in
October 2006. That's over 6 years ago. So you can understand how silly
your response looks to those of us that are regular readers of this
newsgroup (alt.home.repair).

Did not look that silly to me, but I never look at the dates. Once in a
while an old post seems to resurface, but not a big deal.

Besides. I just saw Al last week. He is in a wheelchair now because he
cannot find a proper heel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where can I buy plastic shoe heel SPAM

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Home Guy" wrote in message
Hale Heel Co wrote:

Dear Alkon,

This is Chris Murphy from Hale Heel Co. We have not closed, we
have moved to PA.

To Hale Heel.

Before you post a reply to usenet, you are well advised to check the
date of the post you are replying to.

In this case, "Al Kondo" posted his question about plastic taps in
October 2006. That's over 6 years ago. So you can understand how
silly your response looks to those of us that are regular readers of
this newsgroup (alt.home.repair).

Did not look that silly to me, but I never look at the dates. Once
in a while an old post seems to resurface, but not a big deal.

Actually, I was impressed that a SPAMMER would actually remove the date to make
his SPAM less obvious. He's way smarter than the average SPAMMER. Probably up in
the high 60's IQ. Who'd want to do business with a SPAMMER anyway?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 May 2013 08:57:47 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Who'd want to do business with a SPAMMER anyway?

SPAM is the state dish in Hawaii, isn't it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:

Before you post a reply to usenet, you are well advised to check
the date of the post you are replying to.

Did not look that silly to me, but I never look at the dates.

It's always silly to reply to old posts.

Once in a while an old post seems to resurface, but not a
big deal.

Nobody's saying it's a "big deal".

Actually, I was impressed that a SPAMMER would actually remove
the date to make his SPAM less obvious.

Don't be so impressed.

The Heel posted through "homeownershub" - a third-rate usenet
interface. It was probably that web-interface that stripped away the
date of the original post - not "the Heel".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 May 2013 19:13:31 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

Once in a while an old post seems to resurface, but not a
big deal.

Nobody's saying it's a "big deal".

Yet you still singled it out and replied.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Once in a while an old post seems to resurface, but not a
big deal.

Nobody's saying it's a "big deal".

Yet you still singled it out and replied.

How does the fact that I replied equate to it being a "big deal" ?

Unlike the vast majority of the usenet replies that are made to stale or
long-dead posts, this one made here by The Heel appeared to NOT be made
by a bot. Judging by the content of the reply, it appeared to be made
by a real person. So to educate The Heel, I simply told him that he was
responding to a 6 year-old post, and it's a silly thing to do.

Now, why are you making a federal case out of this?

I see your needling me over my reply to the Heel as making no sense at
all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where can I buy plastic shoe heel

replying to Home Guy , Hale Heel Co - Chris Murphy wrote:
Gentlemen,

First let me say I am sorry to hear that Al is in a wheel chair, my
prayers go out to him.

You need to know that I searched GOOGLE for Hale Heel and found your
discussion regarding Hale Heel Co.
When I saw that this post said Hale Heel is closed I needed to respond to
it because, I am Hale Heel Co
(well actually my name is Chris) and I want people to know we are not
closed.

So whether it was 2013 or 2006 it doesn't matter, the fact still remains
the same that we are open for business.

I hope I didn't stir up too much commotion, but I am glad that people read
this forum.

All the best to everyone, and if we can serve any of you by making your
feet more comfortable please let us know.

Regards,

Chris

Home wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 May 2013 16:44:01 +0000, Hale Heel Co - Chris Murphy
wrote:

All the best to everyone, and if we can serve any of you by making your
feet more comfortable please let us know.

Regards,

Chris

Does your mommy have big boobies?

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to aspasia, Hale Heel Co wrote:
aspasia wrote:

Wow, am I glad to see this!
I bought a big package of (I thik rubber?) heel tips from Hale years
ago and am on my last few. Didn't know Hale went out of business.
Just spent an hour surfing to find equivalent, but no luck!
So thanks.
Note that this seller sounds like he will deal on larger
quantities, so might end up not so pricey.
I glue mine on rather than pound in, as I don't have a "foot" to hold
shoes while nailing.
Apasia

Aphasia hello from Hale Heel Co!

I know your post is many years old but I wanted you to know we did NOT go
out of business. Our website is www.haleheel.com

I hope this message finds you well.

Regards,

Chris

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, it's now oct. 2015 and I just found a new place to buy heel taps from this old thread. So thanks Chris. Glad to see you are still in business....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Glost hello, It's now November 17, 2015 I hope you found and are enjoying your heel taps. We are thankful to be in business now over 52 years.

As a way of showing our thanks to all who follow this forum we are giving 10% off your next purchase at http://haleheel.com use the code haleheelthankyou

Any questions or need anything else you can call too. 484-393-2253