Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Where can I buy plastic shoe heel taps

Al Kondo wrote:
For years I have used plastic taps to reduce wear on the heels of my
shoes. I used to buy them for a company called Hale Heels. They went
out of business a few years ago. Does anyone where I can buy these
taps?? They're like the old metal ones you used to put on the heels
of shoes, but they're plastic. Thanks

No idea, but seems like a good shoe repair shop would be a place to
start.

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to take some generally-available
reasonably hard plastic and fashion something that would get by in a
pinch, so to speak, particularly if one had access to a bandsaw or
scroll saw for cutting out.

I've not seen a tap of any kind except on boots or dance shoes in 30+
yrs...seem to be a thing of the past what w/ the almost ubiquitous
"sneaker"...