Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.recovery.clutter

Default Reasonable site to purchase clear liners for newspaper recycling bags?

In article ,
wrote:
I got a "little" behind in my newspaper reading - well more than a little
(LOL), and I have to throw out what seems like a ton of old newspapers. My
city has recycling laws and they have to be put in crystal clear trash
liners before pickup.

I ordered several hundred from a very reputable site that advertised clear
bags, and the shipment was prompt. However, the bags were more of the
"cloudy" clear kind. They sort of looked like the type you would get in a
s supermarket - only alot larger. The bags need to be of the crystal
clear variety - sort of like plastic wrap - only a little thicker.

I'm looking for 45-55 gallon bags. I've done Google searches and see bags
that are marked clear, but the prices are quite for 100 - 200 bags. Before
I start calling the web vendors to make sure the bags are really clear, I
was hoping that someone else has experience with purchasing them.

Husky has a line of leaf bags that are clear (as opposed to translucent);
I have a couple of boxes of the 45 gallon size. They're available from
Home Depot and similar places.

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Astronomers have developed a definition of "planet" which excludes Pluto.
I'm developing a definition of "scientist" which excludes astronomers.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.recovery.clutter

I would still call the sanitation department and see what they advise, Lee
wrote in message
news
(Gary Heston) wrote in news:12i10iciuu2gt23
@corp.supernews.com:

Husky has a line of leaf bags that are clear (as opposed to

translucent);
I have a couple of boxes of the 45 gallon size. They're available from
Home Depot and similar places.

First of all, thanks to everyone who responded.
To the person who said they have to tie up their newspapers, they better
check the local web site for their sanitation dept., as most recycling

laws
today state that hard cardboard should be tied up, and newspapers, along
with mail and wastepaper have to be put in clear bags.

I see that the bags that are picked up by our Dept. of Sanitation are
either clear blue - for plastic bottles and jugs or completely clear (like
glass clear) for newspapers and light cardboard.

Would translucent mean "crystal clear"? I know that when most of the

sites
refer to clear bags, they mean a cloudy sort of clear. I'm beginning to
understand that the crystal clear bags are described on janitorial supply
sites as "natural".

Unless anyone here has ordered these bags before and is positive as to

what
will be delivered, I'm going to have to call before ordering. The problem
is that unless you speak to someone in the warehouse, there's a chance

that
the sales rep will never know.

As far as Home Depot and Costco goes, they charge top dollar for
everything. Yes, even Costco. By buying quantity, people think they are
getting a break there, but if you break down the price by measure, you
usually get a better buy in a supermarket when the goods are on sale.
Ever since various municipalities instituted these recycling laws, the

cost
of these bags have skyrocketed. I just have to find a site that offers a
good price with a reasonable shipping charge.

I've learned my lesson as far as buying b&m goes. More often than not,
I'll walk into a store and they'll either not have the product, or a very
limited variety to choose from. With the price of gas being so high, it's
just a waste of money and time - if one can find the right web vendor.

Reasonable site to purchase clear liners for newspaper recycling bags? Tim Fischer Home Repair 7 October 3rd 06 05:53 PM
Reasonable site to purchase clear liners for newspaper recyclingbags? George Home Repair 0 October 1st 06 11:39 PM
Black Walnut Question tdstr Woodworking 19 April 12th 06 08:42 PM
Harbor Freight DC Jimmy Woodworking 12 November 18th 05 05:11 PM
Is it safe for kids to take apart electronics? momwithtools Electronics Repair 64 March 1st 05 08:15 AM