Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.recovery.clutter
Stormmee Stormmee is offline

Default Reasonable site to purchase clear liners for newspaper recycling bags?

I would still call the sanitation department and see what they advise, Lee
wrote in message
news
(Gary Heston) wrote in news:12i10iciuu2gt23
@corp.supernews.com:

Husky has a line of leaf bags that are clear (as opposed to

translucent);
I have a couple of boxes of the 45 gallon size. They're available from
Home Depot and similar places.

First of all, thanks to everyone who responded.
To the person who said they have to tie up their newspapers, they better
check the local web site for their sanitation dept., as most recycling

laws
today state that hard cardboard should be tied up, and newspapers, along
with mail and wastepaper have to be put in clear bags.

I see that the bags that are picked up by our Dept. of Sanitation are
either clear blue - for plastic bottles and jugs or completely clear (like
glass clear) for newspapers and light cardboard.

Would translucent mean "crystal clear"? I know that when most of the

sites
refer to clear bags, they mean a cloudy sort of clear. I'm beginning to
understand that the crystal clear bags are described on janitorial supply
sites as "natural".

Unless anyone here has ordered these bags before and is positive as to

what
will be delivered, I'm going to have to call before ordering. The problem
is that unless you speak to someone in the warehouse, there's a chance

that
the sales rep will never know.

As far as Home Depot and Costco goes, they charge top dollar for
everything. Yes, even Costco. By buying quantity, people think they are
getting a break there, but if you break down the price by measure, you
usually get a better buy in a supermarket when the goods are on sale.
Ever since various municipalities instituted these recycling laws, the

cost
of these bags have skyrocketed. I just have to find a site that offers a
good price with a reasonable shipping charge.

I've learned my lesson as far as buying b&m goes. More often than not,
I'll walk into a store and they'll either not have the product, or a very
limited variety to choose from. With the price of gas being so high, it's
just a waste of money and time - if one can find the right web vendor.