Posted to alt.home.repair

Default black mold-roof

Anybody have any luck with a store bought product? I'd like to clean
the black mold off of my roof this weekend. FYI, I'm not going to use
the zinc strips as I am going to replace the roof in 2 or 3 years. And
what about getting it off of vynil siding? I just did my house with a
regular (Krud) cleaner and I had to scrub the living hell out of it.
Is there a product that will keep it off of the siding? TIA

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

I had black mold on my deck and nothing I tried (I tried everything) could
get rid of it. Someone at a hardware store suggested a product called "30
Seconds" so I bought some. I followed the instructions -- put it on, wait 30
seconds and rinse it off -- all the black mold was gone. It disintegrated
right before my eyes. It's amazing. I'm here in Canada and "30 Seconds" is
available everywhere. I don't know where you live, but if you can get "30
Seconds" I highly recommend it. Good luck.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody have any luck with a store bought product? I'd like to clean
the black mold off of my roof this weekend. FYI, I'm not going to use
the zinc strips as I am going to replace the roof in 2 or 3 years. And
what about getting it off of vynil siding? I just did my house with a
regular (Krud) cleaner and I had to scrub the living hell out of it.
Is there a product that will keep it off of the siding? TIA

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:43:25 GMT, "Remi" wrote:

I had black mold on my deck and nothing I tried (I tried everything) could
get rid of it. Someone at a hardware store suggested a product called "30
Seconds" so I bought some. I followed the instructions -- put it on, wait 30
seconds and rinse it off -- all the black mold was gone. It disintegrated
right before my eyes. It's amazing. I'm here in Canada and "30 Seconds" is
available everywhere. I don't know where you live, but if you can get "30
Seconds" I highly recommend it. Good luck.

Can it be used on bathroom/shower tiles?

Aspasia

wrote in message
roups.com...
Anybody have any luck with a store bought product? I'd like to clean
the black mold off of my roof this weekend. FYI, I'm not going to use
the zinc strips as I am going to replace the roof in 2 or 3 years. And
what about getting it off of vynil siding? I just did my house with a
regular (Krud) cleaner and I had to scrub the living hell out of it.
Is there a product that will keep it off of the siding? TIA

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

You asked: Can it be used on bathroom/shower tiles? I don't know. You'd have
to read the label. I would do that for you, but I've moved and no longer
have the problem so I no longer have the product.

aspasia wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:43:25 GMT, "Remi" wrote:

I had black mold on my deck and nothing I tried (I tried everything) could
get rid of it. Someone at a hardware store suggested a product called "30
Seconds" so I bought some. I followed the instructions -- put it on, wait
30
seconds and rinse it off -- all the black mold was gone. It disintegrated
right before my eyes. It's amazing. I'm here in Canada and "30 Seconds" is
available everywhere. I don't know where you live, but if you can get "30
Seconds" I highly recommend it. Good luck.

Can it be used on bathroom/shower tiles?

Aspasia

wrote in message
groups.com...
Anybody have any luck with a store bought product? I'd like to clean
the black mold off of my roof this weekend. FYI, I'm not going to use
the zinc strips as I am going to replace the roof in 2 or 3 years. And
what about getting it off of vynil siding? I just did my house with a
regular (Krud) cleaner and I had to scrub the living hell out of it.
Is there a product that will keep it off of the siding? TIA

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

very simple.........

Bleach. straight, no dilute, leave on for a few minutes, rinse off with
hose, cheap , fast

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody have any luck with a store bought product? I'd like to clean
the black mold off of my roof this weekend. FYI, I'm not going to use
the zinc strips as I am going to replace the roof in 2 or 3 years. And
what about getting it off of vynil siding? I just did my house with a
regular (Krud) cleaner and I had to scrub the living hell out of it.
Is there a product that will keep it off of the siding? TIA

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Remi" wrote in

I had black mold on my deck and nothing I tried (I tried everything)
could get rid of it. Someone at a hardware store suggested a product
called "30 Seconds" so I bought some. I followed the instructions --
put it on, wait 30 seconds and rinse it off -- all the black mold was
gone. It disintegrated right before my eyes. It's amazing. I'm here in
Canada and "30 Seconds" is available everywhere. I don't know where
you live, but if you can get "30 Seconds" I highly recommend it. Good
luck.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody have any luck with a store bought product? I'd like to clean
the black mold off of my roof this weekend. FYI, I'm not going to
use the zinc strips as I am going to replace the roof in 2 or 3
years. And what about getting it off of vynil siding? I just did my
house with a regular (Krud) cleaner and I had to scrub the living
hell out of it. Is there a product that will keep it off of the
siding? TIA

Dave

Most likely contained oxygen bleach.

And, it is more likely to be algae. You don't want it to be mold. If you
KNOW it's mold and you ever sell, you must disclose you have had a mold
problem which sends buyers running in turbo mode. You really don't KNOW
it's mold do you. It's not mold is it?... I'm glad you agree :-)

Granted both these sites are pimping their wares but I think there's
something to oxygen bleach (sodium percarbonate) Personally, I have no
experience with it. Take a look at these:

http://www.askthebuilder.com/082_Bla...Shingles.shtml

http://www.askthebuilder.com/B374_Cl...n_Bleach.shtml

http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement/oxybleach.html

http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement/oxybleachtips.html