Posted to alt.home.repair

Default running conduit

I have to run 14-2 wire out to my concrete pad in the back yard so i
can setup a receptacle and plug in my vehicle's block heater this
winter.

i'm thinking about taking the power from the outdoor plug and running
PVC conduit down the exterior of the siding and then burying it.

is there a better way? cosmetically, if I can get the wires beneath
the siding that'd be great, but i'm not sure how difficult that's going
to be.

any advice would be great,
thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

highflyr spake thus:

I have to run 14-2 wire out to my concrete pad in the back yard so i
can setup a receptacle and plug in my vehicle's block heater this
winter.

i'm thinking about taking the power from the outdoor plug and running
PVC conduit down the exterior of the siding and then burying it.

is there a better way? cosmetically, if I can get the wires beneath
the siding that'd be great, but i'm not sure how difficult that's going
to be.

How about mounting a box near the bottom of the wall, and running the
conduit from there? You'd need to be able to get into the wall from the
inside to do this and run cable from this box to another one. At least
that way there wouldn't be so much ugly conduit exposed on the outside.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 Sep 2006 21:45:40 -0700, "highflyr"
wrote:

I have to run 14-2 wire out to my concrete pad in the back yard so i
can setup a receptacle and plug in my vehicle's block heater this
winter.

i'm thinking about taking the power from the outdoor plug and running
PVC conduit down the exterior of the siding and then burying it.

is there a better way? cosmetically, if I can get the wires beneath
the siding that'd be great, but i'm not sure how difficult that's going
to be.

any advice would be great,
thanks.

This might be crazy, but can you show a photo of your driveway?

later,

tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

highflyr wrote:
I have to run 14-2 wire out to my concrete pad in the back yard so i
can setup a receptacle and plug in my vehicle's block heater this
winter.

I hope you mean 14-2 WITH ground, and also check that there's a GFCI
ahead of that outdoor plug.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"highflyr" wrote in
oups.com:

I have to run 14-2 wire out to my concrete pad in the back yard so i
can setup a receptacle and plug in my vehicle's block heater this
winter.

i'm thinking about taking the power from the outdoor plug and running
PVC conduit down the exterior of the siding and then burying it.

is there a better way? cosmetically, if I can get the wires beneath
the siding that'd be great, but i'm not sure how difficult that's
going to be.

any advice would be great,
thanks.

I had to tap into power to go to a shed. Maybe this pic will give you
some idea or use a pieces of it in your application.

Had an outlet on the house. Removed the recessed blue box. Drilled hole
in center of a 1x4 for wire. Put two wood strips through box hole to
screw into from outside. Mounted piece of 1x to siding with caulk and
screws into those wood strips. Mounted outdoor recepticle box to the 1x and
pulled wire through the back.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E352168DD

-or-

http://www.konicaminoltaonline.com/k...ew.ScreenHome?