Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default running conduit

"highflyr" wrote in
oups.com:

I have to run 14-2 wire out to my concrete pad in the back yard so i
can setup a receptacle and plug in my vehicle's block heater this
winter.

i'm thinking about taking the power from the outdoor plug and running
PVC conduit down the exterior of the siding and then burying it.

is there a better way? cosmetically, if I can get the wires beneath
the siding that'd be great, but i'm not sure how difficult that's
going to be.

any advice would be great,
thanks.

I had to tap into power to go to a shed. Maybe this pic will give you
some idea or use a pieces of it in your application.

Had an outlet on the house. Removed the recessed blue box. Drilled hole
in center of a 1x4 for wire. Put two wood strips through box hole to
screw into from outside. Mounted piece of 1x to siding with caulk and
screws into those wood strips. Mounted outdoor recepticle box to the 1x and
pulled wire through the back.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E352168DD

-or-

http://www.konicaminoltaonline.com/k...ew.ScreenHome?