Posted to alt.home.repair

Default running conduit

highflyr spake thus:

I have to run 14-2 wire out to my concrete pad in the back yard so i
can setup a receptacle and plug in my vehicle's block heater this
winter.

i'm thinking about taking the power from the outdoor plug and running
PVC conduit down the exterior of the siding and then burying it.

is there a better way? cosmetically, if I can get the wires beneath
the siding that'd be great, but i'm not sure how difficult that's going
to be.

How about mounting a box near the bottom of the wall, and running the
conduit from there? You'd need to be able to get into the wall from the
inside to do this and run cable from this box to another one. At least
that way there wouldn't be so much ugly conduit exposed on the outside.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)