Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Beware Expo Design Centers

This is a second post about the same subject ... a botched installation by
The Closet Factory in Naples, FL. The Closet Factory was the subcontractor
and they were located in Ft. Myers, FL, and that particular franchise has
gone out of business. No relief possible from their headquarters in CA;
they hang up on me.

The Expo Design Center in Naples, FL was the prime contractor and they also
ignore my complaints. No exaggeration ... dozens of phone calls ... I now
have a case number and all of that, but nothing ever happens. When I give
my case number, the reps often say ... "Oh my, this is really very strange
and must be due to some kind of error."

I'd suggest that folks avoid Expo Design Centers and The Closet Factories.

I now shop at Lowe's and will never, ever, visit a Home Depot (The owner of
the Expo Design Centers).

The installation was in December 2005, by the way, and that's a long time
ago ... soon they will tell me it is beyond the warranty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles Schuler" wrote in
:

[...]

I assume you have contacted Home Depot and they say you have to contact
the Expo Center?

a botched
installation by The Closet Factory in Naples, FL. The Closet Factory
was the subcontractor and they were located in Ft. Myers, FL,

The sub-k is none of your concern. You have no business with them.
HD/Expo hired them. It's their problem if the sub-k screwed them. Your
business/contract is with Expo center.

No relief possible
from their headquarters in CA; they hang up on me.

Again, you are not their customer and you have no business with them.

The installation was in December 2005, by the way, and that's a long
time ago ... soon they will tell me it is beyond the warranty.

Write a letter. Not call. Not email. Put the entire story in it from day
one to present. Include who you called. talked to and when. Send it to
the people you had the contract with - HD Design Center I assume. Then in
conclusion request a response by xx days after receipt of the letter. If
they don't respond then you will be FORCED to....(whatever you are
going/willing to do). Send it certified mail WITH A RETURN RECEIPT proof
of delivery. Then wait. Then do whatever.

You must do it in writing or your rights are not preserved. The beyond
warranty should be preserved.

Also, did you pay with a credit card? If so, you may have recourse there.
Requires you WRITE a letter to the CC company.

I'm not a legal person or even savy on legal stuff. This is just my
understanding based on life's experience.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..
This is a second post about the same subject ... a botched installation by
The Closet Factory in Naples, FL. The Closet Factory was the
subcontractor and they were located in Ft. Myers, FL, and that particular
franchise has gone out of business. No relief possible from their
headquarters in CA; they hang up on me.

The Expo Design Center in Naples, FL was the prime contractor and they
also ignore my complaints. No exaggeration ... dozens of phone calls ...
I now have a case number and all of that, but nothing ever happens. When
I give my case number, the reps often say ... "Oh my, this is really very
strange and must be due to some kind of error."

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you are probably doing
something wrong.
Go in and speak to the manager.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wow, that doesn't jive with my experience at all.
I'm not sure about the corporate policy, but in the oakland county area
of Michigan it is standard policy of home depot to flat out fire and
ban any contractor that they ever recive a complaint about (this tells
you exactly how many contractors there are here), every contractor we
ever had from them was extraordinary in quality and efficiency.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

Charles Schuler wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

my story with expo is the same. in 2001 i had a complete kitchen remodel
done which dragged on much longer then the store said it would. expo did
the job and the cost then was @ $60k. the project was done in the summer
of 2002. within a year the finish on some cabinet doors started to get
bumpy and delaminate on the edges of the stiles. in 2003 expo replaced one
door. in 2004 expo replaced two more. i now have eight doors that have
the same problem. in 2005 and 2006 i have gone thru the entire expo/home
depot organization trying to get the problem corrected. i have gone from
the store, to their regional,to their corporate customer serivice. this
back and forth took almost two years. they even sent out the manufacturer
representative (omega cabinets) three times to my house. the bottom line
is omega cabinets does not want to honor their lifetime warranty. so expo
says my problem is not warranty related. expo/home depot did send me a
$200.00 gift card for "my inconvience". which i have not spent and will
not spend until this problem is corrected. what gets me is when i was
considering who to pick as the contractor the expo sales people repeatedly
told me "if there ever was problem no matter how long it took expo would be
there to correct it. no matter how long it was after the job was done."
another thing that gripes me is that one of the replacement doors doesn't
even match the kitchen. i didn't realize this until the omega rep pointed
it out to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"sanchea" wrote in message
news:d24da7424a1a1030cf61f278c963ad8d@homerepairli ve.com...

so expo
says my problem is not warranty related.

If they say it's not warranty related, then what IS it? Are they claiming
it's somehow your fault?

Posted to alt.home.repair

sanchea wrote:

[...]

Assuming you didn't leave out any critical facts in your post.....

I'm thinking that $60K is a big enough investment that if that happened
to me I'd find out the name and address of the CEO and send him/her a
letter by certified mail, return receipt, detailing the problem. I'd
tell him that if they didn't make things right fast they'll be hearing
from my lawyer, and that I will be seeking attorney's fees in addition
to a return of the full $60K I paid, because of their egregious refusal
to honor their commitments.

If you try that you might be suprised to find out that favorable things
start happening.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
sanchea wrote:

[...]

In many cities, the tv news organizations often struggle to find juicy
stories. He might want to get on the phone with a few of them.