Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Beware Expo Design Centers

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
sanchea wrote:

my story with expo is the same. in 2001 i had a complete kitchen remodel
done which dragged on much longer then the store said it would. expo did
the job and the cost then was @ $60k. the project was done in the summer
of 2002. within a year the finish on some cabinet doors started to get
bumpy and delaminate on the edges of the stiles. in 2003 expo replaced
one
door. in 2004 expo replaced two more. i now have eight doors that have
the same problem. in 2005 and 2006 i have gone thru the entire expo/home
depot organization trying to get the problem corrected. i have gone from
the store, to their regional,to their corporate customer serivice. this
back and forth took almost two years. they even sent out the manufacturer
representative (omega cabinets) three times to my house. the bottom line
is omega cabinets does not want to honor their lifetime warranty. so expo
says my problem is not warranty related. expo/home depot did send me a
$200.00 gift card for "my inconvience". which i have not spent and will
not spend until this problem is corrected. what gets me is when i was
considering who to pick as the contractor the expo sales people
repeatedly
told me "if there ever was problem no matter how long it took expo would
be
there to correct it. no matter how long it was after the job was done."
another thing that gripes me is that one of the replacement doors doesn't
even match the kitchen. i didn't realize this until the omega rep pointed
it out to me.

Assuming you didn't leave out any critical facts in your post.....

I'm thinking that $60K is a big enough investment that if that happened to
me I'd find out the name and address of the CEO and send him/her a letter
by certified mail, return receipt, detailing the problem. I'd tell him
that if they didn't make things right fast they'll be hearing from my
lawyer, and that I will be seeking attorney's fees in addition to a return
of the full $60K I paid, because of their egregious refusal to honor their
commitments.

If you try that you might be suprised to find out that favorable things
start happening.

Jeff

In many cities, the tv news organizations often struggle to find juicy
stories. He might want to get on the phone with a few of them.