Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opinions of a 1st home compressor/nailer kit

I want to purchase a finish nailer for occasional uses
around the house. Any opinions? Porter Cable? Seneco,
Maikia? other? It must be portable. Where is the best place to buy?

Thanks Kent

Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Kent,

Go to HD or Lowe's and buy their little compressors that are set up like a
rolling suit case with wheels and an extending handle to pull it with. They
are around $100.00. Buy your brad nailer at Harbor Freight. They have one
that will shoot up to 2" brads for $19.99. We have used them for the last
few years in our home repair business and are very pleased with both the gun
and compressor.

cm

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

"mcfriendly" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to purchase a finish nailer for occasional uses
around the house. Any opinions? Porter Cable? Seneco,
Maikia? other? It must be portable. Where is the best place to buy?

Thanks Kent

Posted to alt.home.repair

just about anything will work for home projects, nailers use so little
air that the line itself can serve as the tank.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

mcfriendly wrote:
I want to purchase a finish nailer for occasional uses
around the house. Any opinions? Porter Cable? Seneco,
Maikia? other? It must be portable. Where is the best place to buy?

Thanks Kent

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you want it really portable, and will use it on nothing more than a
finishing nailer, the little Senco is marvelous. Light, quiet, and rather
cute; but not much capacity. It took me 5 minutes to add 5 psi to a SUV
tire.

I have used HF and Dewalt nailers. The HF works okay, but just feels cheap;
the Dewalt is nicer. Now, whether that translates into product life or
whatever, I can't say.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Sep 2006 05:57:37 -0700, "mcfriendly"
wrote:

I want to purchase a finish nailer for occasional uses
around the house. Any opinions? Porter Cable? Seneco,
Maikia? other? It must be portable. Where is the best place to buy?

Thanks Kent

I picked up a Porter Cable kit, compressor brad and finish nailer. It
was accidently marked down at the big orange store, and I love it.
Small enough to be one person portable, but large enough to not cycle
as much.

Oh, to sweeten the deal, PC had a mail in rebate for a air stapler
too.

Just my option...

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mcfriendly" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to purchase a finish nailer for occasional uses
around the house. Any opinions? Porter Cable? Seneco,
Maikia? other? It must be portable. Where is the best place to buy?

You can add Bostich to the list too. The are all pretty good. I have
Porter Cable.

This is a good deal, IMO.
http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...c+115869732 3

Coastal Tool is a good outfit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:24:17 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"mcfriendly" wrote in message
roups.com...
I want to purchase a finish nailer for occasional uses
around the house. Any opinions? Porter Cable? Seneco,
Maikia? other? It must be portable. Where is the best place to buy?

You can add Bostich to the list too. The are all pretty good. I have
Porter Cable.

This is a good deal, IMO.
http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...c+115869732 3

Coastal Tool is a good outfit.

That is a good deal. My kit, when purchased had only two guns and only
a 25 foot hose and no canvas bag.

This deal has a 40 foot hose, one more gun and the bag.
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"mcfriendly" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to purchase a finish nailer for occasional uses
around the house. Any opinions? Porter Cable? Seneco,
Maikia? other? It must be portable. Where is the best place to buy?

You can add Bostich to the list too. The are all pretty good. I have
Porter Cable.

This is a good deal, IMO.
http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...c+115869732 3

Coastal Tool is a good outfit.

Coastal is a better than good outfit. I used to go there back when they
were in their old location in Hartford with less than zero parking and I
hate places with crappy parking.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
mcfriendly wrote:
I want to purchase a finish nailer for occasional uses
around the house. Any opinions? Porter Cable? Seneco,
Maikia? other? It must be portable. Where is the best place to buy?

Thanks Kent

For occasional use it's hard to beat Harbor Freight
--
Every complicated problem has a simple solution that doesn't work.

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
lwasserm(@)charm(.)net