Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Singing" Lightbulbs???

I have a three bulb (actually it's a three "globe"), fixture in my
kitchen. I turn it on with switches that have dimmers built in. It
all works great except one thing:

I notice that when the light is dimmed, (not turned on all the way),
the bulbs, (globes, whatever), hum. They make a very audible low
whistle. I can just turn the dimmer up all the way and it goes away.

These globes and the fixture all are brand new.
I assume there's nothing wrong or broken, just wondering if this is
common and if there's an easy fix.

Thanks!