Posted to alt.home.repair
HotRod HotRod is offline

Default "Singing" Lightbulbs???

Had the same problem in my last house, it came down to the fact that I had
the wrong balbs and that the lights that were installed were not designed to
be dimmed. See if you can get some different bulbs first but you may just
have a transformer that can't handle dimmed current.

"06FLSTCI" wrote in message

I have a three bulb (actually it's a three "globe"), fixture in my
kitchen. I turn it on with switches that have dimmers built in. It
all works great except one thing:

I notice that when the light is dimmed, (not turned on all the way),
the bulbs, (globes, whatever), hum. They make a very audible low
whistle. I can just turn the dimmer up all the way and it goes away.

These globes and the fixture all are brand new.
I assume there's nothing wrong or broken, just wondering if this is
common and if there's an easy fix.

Thanks!