Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clogging mower

I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I
try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and
down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone
every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Your grass is to wet, but Slipplate helps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HotRod" wrote in message
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I
try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and
down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone
every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Sharpen the blade, walk slower, get a mulching blade. Cut more frequently,
cut to a higher level. Some combination of these.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No No is offline

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"HotRod" wrote in message
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I
try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and
down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone
every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Sharpen the blade, walk slower, get a mulching blade. Cut more frequently,
cut to a higher level. Some combination of these.

And don't cut when damp.

Hey Edwin - I have a new Torro 3-in-1. It clogs when mulching when the
grass is the slightest bit damp or a bit longer than it should.

Blade is sharp. Its a personal pace self propelled. I cant walk slow
enough to get my lawn done in reasonable ammt of time.

I had an older YardMan with a slightly bigger B&S engine and it would
plow through anything.

Your tips are right on with some mowers. Some do not have this issue.

I was thinking of Teflon spray, WD40 or maybe PAM cooking spray. I may
try it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

HotRod wrote:
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I
try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and
down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone
every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Have you tried just cleaning out from underneath the deck? This is
something I do routinely esp with long or wet weeds. Use a scraper and
a wire brush. I then brush the under neath with a bit of motor oil on
a paper towel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HotRod wrote:
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging
when I try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three
runs up and down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any
ideas? Has anyone every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

For a chemical that works (but nothing really is going to work with long
wet grass) try PAM or the store brand of spray cooking oil.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Slip Plate works, its a brush or spray on coating of teflon or some
other plastic. Its still on my snowblower and shovels after years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sharpen the blades properly or replace them and see if the symptoms
change.
A lot of guys will claim the blades are sharp because they had them
done once or twice during the season -that aint enough.
HotRod wrote:
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I
try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and
down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone
every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think someone suggested using a product called Skip Plate under the mower
deck to prevent clogging. Where do you find it and is it known by another
name? Thanks

"m Ransley" w
rote in message ...
Your grass is to wet, but Slipplate helps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Slip Plate I got at Tractor supply but Ace might even have it Slip plate
is its name

Posted to alt.home.repair

silicone spray comes in a wet type and one that dries. get the dry one.
here's an example:
Grainger Item # 6Y774
Price (ea.) $13.99
Brand DOW CORNING
Mfr. Model # 557
as found at:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...mId=1611711241

HotRod wrote:
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I
try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and
down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone
every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Posted to alt.home.repair

HotRod wrote:
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging
when I try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three
runs up and down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any
ideas? Has anyone every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

It's pretty surely either the wong blades for that mower, you're running it
too slow, the blades are bent out of shape, the blades are in really bad
need of shapening, or a combination of all the above.
For grass that is at all moist, always use a high speed engine setting.
Take a look at the grass to see if it's being torn apart or cut off. Torn
grass will show brown tips on the blades by the next day; properly cut grass
won't.

Google's your friend here.

Pop

Posted to alt.home.repair

You are cutting your grass too low
the airflow under the mower is not good
raise the height of the wheels you will
get more flow and wont stress your
mower as much and it will be easier to push

also you dont want to cut much more then
1/3rd of the height off the grass
it hurts the grass

"HotRod" wrote in message
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I
try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and
down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone
every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I believe it is graphite in the paint from what I read. The company
that manufacturer's it is Superior Graphite Co. in Chicago, IL. I
found them at www.slipplate.com after reading your comments and doing a
google search. They have a new product listed this year called
MowerGUARD. Works even better that the SLIP Plate product for lawn
mowers. I called them and they gave me a free sample. Something worth
trying.
m Ransley wrote:
Slip Plate works, its a brush or spray on coating of teflon or some
other plastic. Its still on my snowblower and shovels after years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try SLIP Plate or MowerGUARD. This is a graphite paint that is
hydrophobic and helps also to protect the mower deck. I have used SLIP
Plate for years, and recently tried MowerGUARD with great success.
Give it a try.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"HotRod" wrote in message
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I
try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and
down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone
every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Sharpen the blade, walk slower, get a mulching blade. Cut more frequently,
cut to a higher level. Some combination of these.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HotRod wrote:
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I
try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and
down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone
every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Lawnboy Mower Vibration bill Home Repair 7 May 31st 06 12:06 AM
mower problems - NOT No Home Repair 6 April 19th 06 05:41 AM
Mower Won't Keep Running Scott Home Repair 4 September 15th 05 07:46 PM
Craftsman Lawn Mower Problems dejablues Home Repair 1 July 8th 05 01:56 AM
Lawmower fire m Ransley Home Repair 4 April 27th 05 04:09 AM